105 Pounds Gone: Haley's Success Story
This week we would like to profile Haley_2008 who has lost over 105 pounds and is nearing her goal weight. She has been counting her calories and engaging in daily exercise, with proven results. We asked her to share her story and she agreed to answer the following questions.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time? Did you have an "Ah Ha!" moment?
My niece told me she had joined a gym and was thinking about getting a personal trainer. The gym offered a "6 week fat loss program" and I decided to join with her and we would both hire the same trainer. We figured it would be great to give each other moral support.
2. What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Diet pills and Slim Fast.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude?
I cut out all fast food and red meat. I added at least 300 grams of vegetables to both lunch and dinner every day. I started walking on the treadmill 5 days a week of 20-40 minutes each session. Once I saw the pounds and inches come off, it gave me more motivation to keep on working at it. I started to drink approximately 120oz of water per day.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight?
Approximately two weeks into the fat loss program, I found Calorie Count. I had no idea how calorie counting worked and didn't know that 3500 calories equaled one pound. I have used the site and the tools provided every day since!
5. What was most challenging about losing weight?
When there are other people in your household that aren't watching their diet, it is very difficult around dinner time. I found it works best to prepare my own meals for myself.
6. How long did it take you to see results?
My first weigh in was three weeks into the program, and I had lost 11 pounds and 6 inches of my hips, waist and chest.
7. When did you realize that you were a success?
When I had to buy an entire new wardrobe. I went from a plus size 24 to a regular size 10.
8. How do you prevent relapse?
I am allowing myself one cheat dinner a week. My husband and I enjoy going to our local pub for chicken wings and drinks.
9. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
Having my blood work completely normal and I'm also more confident and upbeat.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Buy a vegetable steamer, this helps to make perfectly cooked vegetables every time with little to no mess.
- Invest in a heart rate monitor. This gives you a very accurate idea of how man calories you are actually expending.
- Don't weigh yourself every day. Daily fluctuations can vary greatly - measurements are much more accurate.
- If you go over your calorie consumption for the day, start tomorrow as new! It's ok to have a bad day here and there.
- If you find yourself eating out of pure boredom, adopt new hobbies or find something to do. My house has never been so organized!
Have you achieved success with Calorie Count for weight loss and better health? Share your tips, challenges and inspiration.
If you would like us to feature your success story, you can submit it here. The most insightful stories will be featured on this blog and in the weekly "Success Stories" newsletter.
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.