THIS IS WHAT I ANSWERED:
Well a few things. Like someone mentioned before, i knew i needed to lose weight, but i seriously bought into that whole "you're not THAT fat" mentality. Then a few things happened:
1. Just bought a house, so I'm broke. I have a TON of clothes i cannot wear. Since I'm broke i can't go buy clothes that fit, so now i need to lose weight and use my massive wardrobe.
2. After I left HS i slowly became a " I do not like to take pictures" person. After realizing i had barely any pictures of me and my 3 yr old son TOGETHER, i freaked out. The more pictures i took and forced myself to KEEP, I realized that me FEELING fat, was not just a "feeling" it was a reality.
3. Finally, i got tired of thin people giving me weight loss advice. I know what I have to do. i have been on a million diets, know healthy eating habits and like healthy foods, constantly read fitness magazines, books and newsletters. i KNOW more then them! I need to watch my calories, exercise and be consistent, yada, yada. I do not need anyone else giving me rudimentary diet and fitness advice; especially from those people who have NEVER had a weight/emotional/stress eating problem.
Wheewwwwwwwwwwwwww! It felt good to vent. Thanks for posting the question Missxdior!
WHAT'S YOUR ANSWER???
So many reasons!!!
(1) I want to be able to play with my kids
(2) I want to be able to go on long walks/hikes the way I used to
(3) I want to be able to look at pictures of myself without cringing
(4) I want to feel good in a bathing suit
(5) I want to feel attractive again
(6) I just got put on cholesterol medication and I want to get off it
(7) I;ve been on blood pressure medication for quite awhile and I want to get off that, too
(8) I want to be able to buy and wear clothes that look good, not just cover up my body
(9) I want to be able to walk up stairs
(10) I want my knees to stop hurting
I could go on but enough for now...thanks for listening!
oh and one more:
(11) tired of granny panties and Lane Byrant bras!
OMG I know! I HATE it when people give you advice. WE KNOW, knowing isn't neccessarily doing ...lol. Still my favorite is when people who are fatter then you give you advice. Yeah, it happens. lol!
My reason is because I'd rather not keal over from a stroke.
Also I've gained not only weight but lovely stretch marks that keep growing! It's pretty horrifying!
I'd also like to be "HOT" while I'm still young and can pull it off ;)
Yes, dbhadra! I was thinking that today. I am tired of Lane Bryant bras. I want to shop at Victoria's secret!
I would like to lose weight because:
I have never been a normal size and I want to know what that FEELS like.
I know I have the potential to turn heads and I want to know what that feels like too!
I want to be a role model for my son, a healthy role model.
I want to wear cute clothes, not the frumpy baggy t-shirts I wear now.
I want to go to my 15 year HS reunion and get all sorts of compliments (like I said I have always been overweight).
I have never dieted for REAL before and I want to see if it will work, and so far it has (I lost 3 pounds this week!)
I don't want health problems when I get older.
I want to love myself and for me the only thing that's missing is my body image, it's not good.
Thanks for reading and sharing and Good Luck to you all!
1. I want to loose to feel free in my body...to run, move etc. Right now my body is a hinderance
2. To get more clothes options
3. Increase the pool of men that are available to date
4. To be super fit again...I used to be and I felt so strong and awesome
5. I like my face if I get my body back I'll be the "ish"
Because I'm on the highway to 40, and the closer you get to 40 the more you realize that the things you did when you were in your 20s are really good things to be able to do... like sports, and marathon sex sessions (which can be considered a sport, I suppose ;).
So I figured to hell with this, if I gotta do 40, I'm going to do it at a decent weight and get a few more years of active in before old age takes over.
Pretty much the usual "All my friends are skinny BUT not me" thing. Also, pictures of me... horrifying. Then you have that deluded discussion with yourself. "That's gross. That camera makes me look huge.. wait.. They look their normal size."
God I hate that so much. Also, I love play-fighting. It usually leads to some hot and passionate love-making. As I've gotten larger I have reduced the amounts of play-fighting/flirting dramatically as I've convinced myself I am no longer attractive/female. I love being picked up and carried around.. If anyone tried that now they'd either have to be A: a strong weight-lifter or B: looking to become wheelchair-bound. Thats what originally started me on my weight loss, now it's much more about health. But yes, all the above would be a bonus of becoming healthier, slim and trim.
the main reason for me is my family. i know that they love me the way i am, but their encouraging me to try and lose weight. Also I've got loads of big events coming up and i don't want to be the fat girl stuck in the back of the photograph.
but most of all i just want to feel better.. i want to look at myself and feel like i look decent, cause at the minute sometimes i cant even look at myself without crying.
i no that sound shallow and pathetic but thats the truth..
I want to lose weight because I'm tired of being fat!! I want to go to Magic Mountain and fit on allt the rides. I want to buy a new wardrobe. I just want to look better and feel better about myself!!
It is soooo much harder to enjoy life when you are fat and I am tired of missing out!! Being fat limits your options and that is not how I want my life to be remembered!!!
I want the outside to reflect what I feel inside: smart, confident and desirable.
....and for once I don't want to be the girl who hangs outside trial rooms holding extra dresses for her skinny friends to try.
It was almost like my body was speaking to me. I could feel the roll of flab all the time pushing and I couldn't stand it so just last Monday, I said "enough is enough, I have to do something." I knew I wasn't giving 1 more penny to the diet industry and that's when I found Calorie Count.
I also noticed that I didn't want to go out in public nor appear in pictures. I just don't feel good about how I look and feel. Now only after 5 days of doing well, I feel great emotionally. I will only weigh in on Monday's so I can't wait to see how I have done so far.
Well, when I was eighteen, I got lapband surgery. I was 5'3" and 267 pounds. (EEP!) I lost 64 of those pounds before my weight slowed down, stopped, and started creeping up again. Three weeks ago, I thought the answer was to get another adjustment to tighten the band, but for these past three weeks I haven't been able to eat a decent meal (and by decent, i mean a protein and vegetable lunch about the size of a cup). Some days, I haven't even been able to drink water.
These three weeks of essentially starving are what made me realize that not only do I WANT to lose the weight, I want to do it in a healthy way. I guess this is odd, because my urge to lose weight only came when I'd already lost some, but back then I was only going with the flow. Losing weight just because that's what was happening.
Now, I'm putting in a conscious effort to get the weight off and that's what makes this day different.
i got tired of everyone in my family throwing jokes amoungst themselves about my weight. But what really made me push for a change was i noticed that i would wake up in the middle of the night from a sharp pain in my chest/heart w/e. That scared me straight! Was it a sign of a future stroke? not sure but I want to prevent that from happening to me. Other than that here is other reasons why I will loose weight....
2). health....STAY AWAY FROM ME HEART ATTACK!!!
3). i want to be able to run around with my kid and actually keep up with him.
4). show everyone who said i CANT that they were sooooo wrong
5). and finally learn more about myself and what i am capable of.
My mom's never been obese or very overweight but then she got hurt on the job and now I want to be able to take care of her when she's old. I want to be able to handle the any manual labor she may need done, like chopping wood and various other things that you need muscle for. I am a woman and I do have a brother but I hate that my brother (who has lost over 150lbs) has to do most of it. I also want to be sure that I don't die before my mom, most of my family has diabetes and heart problems, so I don't want to get any of that either. I'm 27 and I just want to be able to contribute more to my family.
1. I don't have any children yet and now that I'm in a committed relationship and we've decided to build a life together, I want to become healthier (and smaller) for the future when we decide to have children.
2. I looked at myself in the mirror naked and realized that my belly specifically has gotten ridiculously big and major attention needed to be paid to it immediately.
3. Mother mother had also decided to lose weight and I didn't want her to feel alone in reaching her goals.
4. I want to be able to have no limits in the bedroom with my hunny because there are some things that become quite difficult or impossible to do when you're too overweight.
5. I want to look great in my future wedding dress.
6. I finally decided it was time to get the my ideal version of my external self.
7. I want to love what I see when I look at myself naked in the mirror.
8. I want to go into my next birthday looking amazing.
9. I'm about to buy a house and I want to walk around the entire first day in it completely naked and feel great!
10. Though he looooves my body as is, I want to keep up with my hunny who has been losing weight already. I can't let him get too in shape and I'm still drastically out of shape. NOPE! If he's gonna improve his health/body, I'm going to improve my health/body.
- Perhaps I'm just a bit more shallow than people on here ;) main reason I want to lose weight is to like how I look again. I'm naturally curvy even with a low weight, so when the pounds pile on I go roly poly out of proportion.
- Due to a genetic disability my ideal weight is actually to be a bit underweight. So losing weight should help with the pain which is becoming unbearable.
- My boyfriend is proud to go out in public with me, complete strangers have even commented on how happy we look, I want to take that up a notch. I want to make him *really* proud.
- My boyfriend keeps putting my clothes on too hot washes so along with putting on a few pounds my clothes have also shrunk! Took me MONTHS to realise as well! I was feeling worse and worse putting on weight and initially the problem was actually who was operating the washing machine!
- The cost! Food costs are getting ridiculous at the moment so need to get that sorted.
- My mother started struggling with weight at the same age I'm at, so want to see if I can get clear of that before it becomes a near impossibility.
I use a wheelchair, and have a variety of disabilities which make the activity side of things... interesting to say the least. My muscles don't repair themselves properly either (took a few years of sport to figure that one out too!) and I'm dating a very fussy eater who would rather have the typical pie and chips and hit the gym.
I'm currently in control of the grocery money though, and he's discovering foods he likes, our food bills have plummeted which is also a good motivation for eating better. Main issue is still that I have difficulty cooking most days, parter point blank refuses to eat 'leftovers' or reheated food, and shuts down if he thinks cooking will be complicated so have had to keep a backup meal he can cook from frozen.