Holiday Recipe Makeover Month III
Is it Christmas if there are no cookies? Well, yes, but... we sure would miss them. We don't have to break the caloric bank though. With portion control and some cookies made with healthful ingredients, we can have our holiday treats! Here is a selection of lighter cookies from our CC members:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies by star1020 - 163 calories for a large cookie, packed with oats and other healthy ingredients.
- Banana Drop Cookies by bethevans - 66 calories for a medium size cookie, and very healthy too.
- Cocoa Brownies by ninav - 100 calories each. Made with pureed pumpkin for a rich texture and flavor.
- Low Fat Oatmeal Cookies by clairelaine - 105 calories for a large cookie and plenty of big flavor. You'll never miss the fat.
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by hgielrehtaeh - 76 calories for a medium cookie, and very easy to make too.
- Oatmeal Cookies the CC Way by lizzlebizzle - only 46 calories for a 20 gram cookie!
- Cocoa Lava Kisses by sparen - an amazing 20 calories per kiss. Dry on the outside and meltingly gooey inside!
- PB CC Cookies by laurdie11 - 90 calories for a small cookie, bursting with peanut butter!
- Marvelous Meringues by katlane - 130 calories for 6 of these sweet things!
- Vanishing Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies by bpm - an amazing 36 delicious calories for a 24 gram cookie. These are fully loaded!
- Walnut Butter Cranberry Orange Cookie by deanaw - 62 calories for an 18 gram cookie. The combination of nuts and fruits is so festive.
- Chocolate Souffle Cookies by satanspanties - 91 calories for a 21 gram cookie. Chocolate meringue cookies with walnuts!