During the month of October, we'll be featuring all kinds of soups. According to many dieting programs, people who eat soup are more successful in losing weight and keeping it off. Homemade soup is filling and provides good nutrition and variety, without excess calories.
Many cream based soups can be modified to reduce the fat and calories, and still be delicious. Soup for lunch is satisfying and comforting on cold days. Try adding a cup of soup before eating dinner, or have it for a snack. I've even had soup for breakfast for a bit of a change.
Here's a selection of recipes by CC members.
- Kale Soup by lizzlebizzle - packed with important dark green, leafy kale!
- Leek Soup by ldavidny - The sweetness of leeks in a low calorie soup.
- French Onion Soup by queenmab90 - An easy to make classic dish without the classic calories!
- Carrot and Coriander Soup by supercoops - Unusual and so flavorful. Get all of your vitamin A in this soup.
- Estelita's Fish and Shrimp Soup by naicel - Delicious, high protein and only 280 calories. This could be a whole meal.
- Grandma's German Soup by taramair - Traditional German cabbage & vegetable soup, guaranteed to satisfy for only 186 calories in a huge serving.
What you eat can have a direct effect on your skin if you're struggling with psoriasis. See what to shop for.