Calories in Avocados
- (Waitrose) Avocado
- Avocados - Raw, California
- (Whole Foods Market) Avocado - 1/2 med.
- Avocado - Medium
- (Melissa's) Hass Avocado - Vegetables
- (Dole) Avocados - Fresh Fruit
- Avocados - Raw, Florida
- (Earthbound Farm) Hass Avocados - Organic Fruits
- (Freshdirect) Hass Avocado
- (Melissa's) Hass Avocado - Fresh Fruits
- (Wegmans) Avocado
- (Green Giant) Avocados - Fresh Vegetables
- (Melissa's) Green Avocado (Slimcado) - Fresh Fruits
- (Melissa's) Organic Avocado - Melissa's Organics
- (Pita Pit - CA) Avocado Topping
- (Melissa's) Cocktail Avocado - Latin
- (Wholly Guacamole) Guacamole - Spicy, 100 Cal Snack Pack
- (Frieda's) Cocktail Avocados - Fresh Specialty Fruits
- (The Habit Burger Grill) Chunky Avocado - 1 Scoop
- (Tesco) Organic Avocado
- Advocado Cocktail
- Avocado (Mission)
- (Sainsbury's) Avocados - Ripe & Ready
- (California Girl) Avocado
- (Calavo) Cala Avocado
Are Avocados Good For You?
You may have heard that avocados are high in calories and fat. Although this is true (half of an avocado provided 160 calories and 15 grams of fat), avocados are a good food to incorporate into your diet. The 15 grams of fat is unsaturated fat, meaning that it is “good” fat for your body! They are also a good source of fiber for digestive health, potassium, which can help control blood pressure, and Vitamin C, K, folate, and B6. Overall, they are good for maintaining a healthy heart, controlling blood pressure and blood sugar, promoting eye health, and protecting against cancer, stroke, and even aging! Interestingly, they are known for curing bad breath and, when eaten with other food, they can increase your body’s absorption of nutrients found in that food. Incorporating avocado into your diet is beneficial, as long as you watch the portions!
What to Eat Avocados With
Avocados are great to eat alone or sprinkled with some lemon juice and a dash of salt. They can also be incorporated into salads, as chunks in the salad or sliced on top. Of course, you can also make guacamole with them, or simply crush them and use as a spread in sandwiches. In this manner, they are a healthier alternative to mayonnaise. Avocados health benefits can all be enjoyed in these ways.