Dakgogi, Korean Spicy Chicken Stirfry Recipe
Looking for an easy dakgogi, korean spicy chicken stirfry recipe? Learn how to make dakgogi, korean spicy chicken stirfry using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by nachtstuck
Makes 6 servings
Recipe Ingredients for dakgogi, korean spicy chicken stirfry
|2||lb boneless chicken thigh (4 to 6 thighs)|
|1/2||cup soy sauce|
|1||cup Chicken Broth, unsalted|
|1/2||cup ground red chili pepper|
|1||pepper red chili|
|1||pear,+small+approx+3+per+lb Asian pear|
|6||garlic cloves, peeled|
|1||small white or yellow onion|
|1||ounce ginger root, peeled|
|1||tablespoon Pure Sesame Oil|
|1/2||tablespoon Black Pepper|
|3||green onions, finely chopped|
Recipe Directions for dakgogi, korean spicy chicken stirfry
- Trim off any excess fat
- Very lightly salt and pepper both sides of each thigh and let stand ten minutes.
- Slice onion, pear, peppers, and ginger root into small sections and place with garlic into blender, add water as needed and blend into a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Add a small amount of water as needed to maintain a thick smooth paste.
- Stir well and refrigerate until use.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl, cover with marinade, and mix well.
- Cover and place in refrigerator and let stand 4 to 8 hours.
- Unused marinade may be refrigerated for future use
- 1st Cook - Grilling
- Place chicken on hot grill over high heat.
- Cook each side until the marinade darkens and a light char appears (two to five minutes per side).
- (Note: The best flavor is obtained from wood coals or charcoal.)
- 2nd Cook
- Cut chicken into short strips and transfer to a wok or stir fry pan.
- Add one or two tablespoons of the marinade.
- Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until marinade thickens and adheres to meat.
- (If your grill is hot enough, you can do this with your fry pan on the grill)
- Garnish with sesame seed and chopped green onion.
- Serve hot with rice and Ban Chan.
Serving Size 316.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - it's easy and free!