Hi, I'm eating healthy now. Lots of vegies and fruits. No more junk. But now, many times a month will have a looser stool, which involves more tp usage. What can help? What foods to firm up? Thanks for any suggestions. :)
Whole grains/multi-grains did if for me -- big time and consistently:
- whole grain/multi-grain pasta such as Healthy Harvest or Barilla+
- baking my pizza crust, biscuits, cake, bread using whole wheat flour
- eating whole grain or multi-grain bread and wraps
Also, a lot of fiber and plenty of water:
- carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, etc.
- steel cut oats
- small red beans, black beans, etc.
- lentils, split peas
I went from having really, really soft stools to very firm and healthy ones.
Eat a little less fruit perhaps. Fibrous foods are great for producing bulky stools but fruit, which tends to be acidic, can upset the stomach if eaten in too-large amounts and this results in loose stools or diarrhoea. Get a good balance of other foods besides i.e. fats/oils and proteins.