I do well on a diet but I need a meal plan to follow. Any one have meal plan suggestions? I especially need dinner menus.
How many calories have you budgeted for dinner?
How much do you like veggies?
Do you have a limit on carbs for dinner?
Do you have food preferences or allergies?
Here's what a standard dinner looks like for me:
- 200 calories lean protein
- 150 calories "starch"
- 250 calories veggies, stuff that's part protein/part carb
I aim for about 45 net carbs (ish) for dinner because I'm diabetic.... so I need to watch what I eat. For me, those 250 "other" calories for dinner are often veggies, maybe some low carb bread, maybe a bowl of low carb cereal ... often a combo of all these things. This works for me .... and I have about 600 calories to "spend" at dinner.
- do you like too cook?
- is it just you or a family?
- how much time do you have?
- what types of cooking can you do (grill, crock pot, steamer)
- Do you like tofu?
- Do you eat dairy,meat, fish, red meat,pork?
- can you cook ahead and store it?
- what is your fav. food (you'll need to add it)
Tonight for me
chicken (120), roasted broccoli w/ fat free parm cheese (90), rice (100) (if the kids don't eat it all) and sweet potato fries (100). 300 -400 calories.
I try to keep all my meals the same cal intake. I didn't start with that intention but it's how it seems to work out.I also keep my refinded carbs down with meals I save them for ice cream (fro-yo)
3 meals of 300 and 3 snacks of 100. add coffee and the occasional flavored water for another 100 and I have a set start of 1300 plenty of room for me to add if I want or try a bite here or there without worry.