Information to put in the challenge: Copy and paste the bold printed information, please.
STATE OR COUNTRY: like to do this so I don't miss anyone for weekly stats. Several times, people have missed out because of the time zone difference. So, if you want to see your name in LIGHTS, when you have accomplished so much, please provide it.
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF:
If you'd like to give a little brief information about yourself that would be great! Possibly meet new people to be friends with. (ie., attempts on losing weight, special dietary constraints, motivation for this journey things like that).
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN
STATE OR COUNTRY: Ohio
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: Have been on the weight loss journey since 2007 when I started this site with some success.
CURRENT WEIGHT: 285
GOAL WEIGHT: 275
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN Saturday
SW for Challenge:285
GW for Challenge: 275 10% OF YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT IS SUGGESTED) I AM DOING LESS BECAUSE I LOSE AT A SLOWER RATE
fEBRUARY Challengers 7% of SW unless it is midway then 5.5
MARCH Challengers 5% or 4% of SW. This is to keep you motivated to stay with the challenge.
Experts say 10% of your body weight is reasonable to lose in a 3 month period. You must take into consideration if you had already lost a reasonable amount of weight that your may hit a plateau during this challenge. Don't get discouraged.
Day you like to weigh: Saturday
Welcome one and all! This challenge is a 4th quarter challenge for the year 2011. Anyone can join and there are no rules, except pick a day that is good for you to Weigh in Consistently. Don't worry, if you miss a few. The key here is to log at least once a week. So go ahead and tag this and come back! If you are new and need help let me know and I will give you information on how to tag the topic.
Look at the below comments for information durng the challenge
I will post the tips in the THIS journal post and MARK EDIT: SEE COMMENT and I will reference the comment number so you can just scroll to it, if you'd like.
- PLEASE DO NOT EDIT
- Comment 25: Welcome and see the current stats of the challenge
- Comment 52: Get suggestions from one of our challengers who is ACE American Certified Exercise Trainer
- Comment 60: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING JAN. 8TH , 2012
- Comment 106: StATS FOR WEEK ENDING JAN 15, 2012
- Comment 116: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING JAN 22, 2012
- Comment 118: Motivational, Scale Tips
- Comment 129: Calorie Camp
- Comment 131: TIPS ABOUT CALORIE CAMP - MURRILL
- Comment 139: Thanks for the compliments on the forum challengers
- Comment 181: New Challengers, weight gain challenges
- Comment 196: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING JANUARY 28,th, 2012. MONTJHLY STATS TOO!
- Comment 230: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING FEB 5, 2012
- Comment 263: STATS FOR WEEK ENDING FEB 12, 2012
- Comment 279: Welcome new challengers.
- Comment 308: PREVIEW OF WEEKLY February 27th Stats
- Comment 340: STATS FOR MONTH ENDING FEBRUARY 2012
- Comment 359: Motivation and Books to Help out
- Comment 365: Stats for Weekending March 4th, 2012
- Comment 370: Correction to weight loss stats Kacieanne's number
- Comment 370: I will post everyones actual weight loss On March 9th., Friday after 6pm,EST
- Comment 382: Whose close to their goal? Everyones individual weight loss total will be listed to cross check your numbers against mine. READ IMPORTANT!!!!
- Comment 387: Everyones total weight loss to date is posted here!
- Comment 411: Update to totals and little boost of encouragement
- Comment 438: Watch for the 2nd quarter 2012 challenge March 27th or 28th. Stats for the 1st quarter will be posted on April 2, 2012
- Comment 442: LOOK WHO IS CLOSE OR PASSED THEIR GOAL WEIGHT!
- Comment 455: New challenge link
- Comment 476: STATS FOR 1ST Quarter Challenge. Im still out of commission with my foot.
- Comment 479: Farewell 1st quarter challengers and welcome to a new 2nd Quarter challenge.
YOUR POST IF YOU WISH TO BE INCLUDED ON THE SPREADSHEET WHERE I POST THE WEEK"day's. THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY. My goal is to post total lost two days after the month has ended. This will enable those in different time zones to not be left out. At the end of the challenge I will post a range and people's name.
One thing I decided to do to the challenge is to adjust your formula to your actual highest weight. Afterall, you have lost more than your initial weigh in. I think this is fair and encouraging. I will ask you before I adjust the formula, so its up to you.
So hurry up and get your name added! Whats stopping you?
wgt: 165.9, 280.14, 383.19
NAME: Ana Maria
STATE OR COUNTRY: Indiana
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: I've been overweight since I was 8 years old, and I'm driven to finally be healthy and fit!
CURRENT WEIGHT: 164 (SW: 175.5)
GOAL WEIGHT: 130
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN: Wednesdays
January 4: 164
January 11: 165.3
January 18: 162
January 25: 161.2
February 1: 158.1
February 8: 158.1
February 15: 158.3
February 22: 155.4
February 29: 153.9
March 7: 153.9
March 14: 152.6
March 28: (Goal: 150)
I'm a couple of days late, but I wanted to post my current weight anyway!
About me: I am a mom of 3 busy kids; Jordan 9, Campbell 6, Bristol 2 1/2
Current Weight: 205
Goal Weight: 170
Challenge Goal Weight: 190
Weigh-in Day: Friday
- January 6: 207 ( +2 )
- January 13: 207 ( +2 )
- January 20: 207 ( +2 )
- January 27: 207 ( +2 )
- February 3: 206 ( +1 )
- February 10: 203.5 ( -1.5 )
- February 17: 200.5 ( -4.5 )
- February 24: 197 ( -8 )
- March 2 (my 10 year anniversary) : 194.5 (-10.5)
- March 9: 193.5 (11.5)
- March 16: 193.5 (11.5)
- March 23:
- March 30:
Ok so a slight stall, next week will be better
- Name: Grace
- Country: Canada
- Little about myself: Need to take care of my health and be there for the kids and grandkids. Have a yoyo history. Hope I can put that yoyo in my pocket and leave it there. No more playing with it.
- Height: 5'4'
- Age: 65
- SW on CC: 243
- SW on Challenge: 223
- GW this challenge: 210
- My final goal weight: Aiming for 155
- Day I like to weigh in: Friday
- Jan. 06 --- 224.0 lbs (not good)
- Jan. 13 --- 225.0 lbs (not budging)
- Jan. 20 --- 223.2 lbs (yeah! 1.8 loss)
- Jan. 27 --- 222.1 lbs (-1.1 lbs)
- Feb. 03 --- 221.6 lbs (-0.5 lbs)
- Feb. 10 --- 218.9 lbs (- 2.7 lbs ... really??)
- Feb. 17 --- 219.8 lbs (up 0.9 lbs.)
- Feb. 24 --- 219.8 lbs (no change)
- Mar. 02 --- 218.1 lbs (- 1.7) yeah, me!
- Mar. 09 --- 219.8 lbs (+ 1.7) Wasn't I here before? Stuck!! Again!!
- Mar. 16 --- 217.9 lbs (- 1.9) Down again - Woot-woot!
- Mar. 23
- Mar. 30
I have my 1 1/2 yr-old granddaughter to look after for about 12 days. No short overnighter this time. A forgotten experience (about 3 decades ago). All my cupboards with knobs have elastics around them. Maybe that'll keep me out of them too, lol. I am counting on all this running around to show some significant calories burned
NAME: Roger Vanderwalker
- STATE; Western New York
- LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: Married 53 years 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 2 great-great grandchildren.
- HEIGHT: 5'-8"
- CURRENT WEIGHT: 175
- GOAL WEIGHT: 170
- AGE: 73
- DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN: Friday
- December 30, 2011 176.0 lbs.
- 1/6/2012 174.0 lbs.
- 1/13/2012 171.8 lbs.
- 1/20/2012 172.4 lbs.
- 1/27/2012 173.4 lbs.
- 02/03/2012 172 lbs.
- 02/10/2011 171 lbs.
- 02/17/2012 172 lbs.
- 02/24/2012 173.0 lbs
- 03/02/2012 171 lbs.
- 03/09/2012 172.6 lbs.
- 03/16/2012 170.8 lbs.
For, He that would love life, And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips that they speak no guile: 11 And let him turn away from evil, and do good; Let him seek peace, and pursue it. — 1 Peter 3:10-11
Have a good week, Roger from Western NY
- Name: Irene
- Country: Greece
- Little about myself: Have a yoyo history. In February had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, a surgery to remove gallbladder. No more pain anymore and a healthier way of life. No exercise at the moment, only walking.
- Height: 160 cm - 5'3'
- Age: 46
- SW on CC: 74,5 kg - 164.0 lbs (29-09-11)
- My final goal weight: 52.0 kg - 114.5 lbs
- SW on Challenge: 61.0 kg - 135.0 lbs (01-01-12)
- GW this challenge: 55.5 kg - 122.0 lbs
- Day I like to weigh in: Saturday
- January 01: 61.0 kg - 135.0 lbs
- February 18: 58.3 kg - 128.8 lbs
- February 25: 59.0 kg - 130.0 lbs
- March 03: 58.0 kg - 128.0 lbs
- March 10: 56.8 kg - 125.0 lbs
- March 17: 56.3 kg - 124.0 lbs
- March 24
- March 31
Have a nice weekend everyone :)
Irene - you are doing amazing! Keep it up!
- Name: Richelle
- Country: Canada
- Little about myself: Started with CC in 2008 and lost 67 pounds over the next 2 years. I have gained back 45 pounds. I need to get down to my fighting weight of 165...I miss my skinny jeans!
- Height: 5'4.5"
- Age: 41
- SW on CC (2008): 225
- SW on Challenge: 194.0
- GW this challenge: 170.0
- My final goal weight: 165.0
- Day I like to weigh in: Saturday
- January 01: 194.0
- January 07: 192.4 (-1.6 pounds)
- January 14: 190.8 (-1.6 pounds)
- January 21: 186.8 (-4.0 pounds)
- January 28: 184.8 (-2.0 pounds)
- February 04: 182.6 (-2.2 pounds)
- February 10: 182.2 (-0.4 pounds)
- February 20: 190.6 (+8.4 pounds)
- February 25: 184.4 (-6.2 pounds)
- March 03: 182.4 (-2.0 pounds)
- March 10: 182.6 (+0.2 pounds)
- March 17: 182.8 (+0.2 pounds)
- March 24
- March 31
Down 11.2 pounds. STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK
Good attitude Kris - you are so close to your goal, and that makes it even more difficult! Keep at it!
Make the change Cris (insany)
Everyone had varied results this week. From being weighing the same to losing a few tenths to 2 pounds. Your weekly weigh-ins reflect different things and no one should be overly discouraged for what they have lost. We have done a bang up job and I hope everyone had the opportunity to see the post where I wanted to verify the accuracy of everyone's weight loss.
There is no one here that should be in a turtle shell for what they have accomplished. You have dedicated yourself to this challenge and have stayed with it! That is the important thing, RIGHT?
Take care all and to date and as of post 410 236.48 pounds lost
I think that everyone is doing an amazing job.
Yes, sometimes we get stuck and feel discouraged. But our bodies have plateaus were it seems our metabolisms get comfortable. The hard thing is to not think "O, what's the use", but rather "No way, I refuse to give in, You are not going to get the better of me this time." Believe me, I have been there and given in and given up. Later you kick yourself, because you have to do it all over again.
I have learned the hard way and this time I am taking it slow and steady and am using all the tools CC has to offer. CalorieCamp is awesome. Yes it takes time to do the logging and yes I was embarrassed at times to show people how I messed up and pigged out. But there is where my supporters do a fabulous job of supporting, encouraging and even setting me straight a few times.
And yes I get stuck every now and again. I got stuck for almost 3 mos. last fall. But I have become stubborn too. There is too much at stake.
Right now I have my 18 months old granddaughter here to look after for 12 days. I could not even have considered doing this last summer. And now I am sooo glad I stuck with it. It is a joy to have her here. To be able to do this is such a blessing.
So everyone ..DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You will never know where your accomplishment will take you. But you will be rewarded. Stay positive, you are all fabulous people.
STATE OR COUNTRY: Champs Fleurs, Trinidad
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: Mom of 3, grandmom of 1. Working towards short term goal of 180.
CURRENT WEIGHT: 205.5
GOAL WEIGHT: 190
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN: Saturday
STATE OR COUNTRY: IL
CURRENT WEIGHT: 204.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 175
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN Sunday
Jan 1: 204.4
Jan 8: 200
Jan 15: 195.2
Jan 21: 191.8
Jan 29: 188.8
Feb 12 : 187.4
Feb 27: 181.8
March 18: 179
25.4 pounds total. I'm really going to up the exercise this week to try and make it to my goal of 175
Kacie you are doing amazing. Very impressive and you should be extremely proud of yourself. It's very motivating! Thanks!
STATE OR COUNTRY: Ontario, Canada
LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF:
I'm turning 50 in June, and would like to be the best I can be then. Short term, I went on a beach vacation and wanted to lose 15 lbs before I went. I was close, but now I am working towards a new goal of 140 by June 15, which I know I know is after this challenge, but I am going to continue this challenge to work towards it.
CURRENT WEIGHT: 161
GOAL WEIGHT: 145
DAY YOU'D LIKE TO WEIGH IN Monday
Monday, January 9 - 160.6
Monday, January 16 - 158.4
Monday, January 23 - 157.52
Monday, January 30 - 155.32
Monday, February 6 - 152.68
Monday, February 13 - 150.04
Monday, February 20 - ??? I was away & had no access to a scale
Monday, February 27 - 147.4
Saturday, March 3 - 147.48
Monday, March 12 - 152.24
Monday, March 19 - 144.76
She shoots, she scores! There hadn't been a lot of weight loss in the last month due to all my travel, especially the all inclusive, but this is an exciting number. I was this same weight yesterday, so it's not a blip. I have learned here that one needs to persevere, because eventually it pays off. That huge weight gain last week was just temporary, but seeing the number scared me straight. I didn't eat any less than usual this week (if anything, it was a few more calories), but being consistent has paid off. I feel really happy about this number.
Susanne: That's a great report. Thanks for the reminder about perserverance. Now that I've lost a fair amount of weight (>45 pounds since June) I find myself slowing the pace a little bit. Sometimes I get frustrated, but if I hang in there those pounds eventually come off.
More than 45 lbs! That's amazing! You probably feel like you've been dieting forever (I know I do, and it hasn't even been 3 months!). It does require pep talks every once in a while, especially when the scale isn't moving. Congratulations on your great results!
Current Weight: 170.4
Goal Weight: 130
Challenge Goal Weight: 155
Weigh-in Day: Sunday
- January 1: 170.6
- January 8: 166.8
- January 15: 166.8
- January 22: 167.5
- January 29: 166.4
- February 5: 165.8
- February 12: 165.2
- February 19: 163.6
- February 26: 166.0
- March 4: 163.6
- March 11: ---
- March 18: 165.2
- March 25:
Hello all. I am sorry not to have posted for awhile. I seem to have lost my mojo. The motivation was simply not there. I find it interesting that when things aren't going right in other areas of my life, I lose the need/want/care to take care with my eating and exercising. It should be the other way around because i KNOW it would help.
But now I hope to come back refreshed and ready to continue. I was away for the weekend and hadn't weighed for awhile. Not happy with the gain, but I thought it would be way worse. So now I will work hard and hope for the best. *fingers crossed*.
Everyone has been doing great. Congrats to those of you who are at or close to your goal. That's awesome. Have a good week.
Glad to see your post, Diana. Like you said, things could be worse. You will bounce back again. You have it in you. Like I said before, sometimes things happen. We are human after all. I am rooting for you.