I have had this problem before (not often) but it went away on its own. This time, bothering me a little more.
My right ear is like 'blocked.' If I turn a certain way or drink a certain way or chew with my head turned a certain way, I get muffled hearing, just for a second. I am assuming it's probably just a build up. Has anyone used the over-the-counter ear cleaning stuff they sell?
I won't go to the Dr. for something so little so I am not looking for anyone to say, "Go to the Dr. etc etc." I am just looking for personal experiences with this stuff and if it helped you.
Also note: I never stick anything in my ears. Always was taught, "Never stick anything in your ear smaller than your elbow." I had my fiance look 'in' it to make sure there wasn't any visible problem, he doesn't see anything.
Just looking for experiences before I go spend money on that stuff. Helpful hints?
why don't you try an ear wax candle. You lay on your side and stick the tip of the candle just barely inside your ear. The candly is made out of a waxy material itself. Anyway, lay on a couch, barely put the candle in your ear (this is not harmful), light the candle, and lay there for about ten minutes. The candle is hollow and the flame creates a vacuum that sucks everything out of your ear that shouldn't be there. it works better if you have someone that you are comfortable enough with that you can lay in their lap while they hold the candle upright. AND, this is kinda gross, but when you are done, you can cut the candle open and see just how much nasty gunk you had clogging your ears up. It's actually pretty neat. Good luck!!!
Wow, that sounds weird! Neat though.
Sorry, but ear candling is bunk, and dangerous - you could get hot wax on your eardrums and lose your hearing. Also, the stuff that 'comes out' of your ear is just the wax from the candle. Read more here: