Health & Support
Moderators: nycgirl, autopilotfrank193, bierorama, ksylvan, peaches0405

<1200 calories

Quote  |  Reply

I seem to be having trouble eating more than 1200 calories. I'm 18 and I know I should be eating more because I'm very active and play lacrosse everyday, but I just can't. Do you think I'll gain or lose weight eating less than 1200 calories. I want to be able to because I'm recovering from an ED but right now it's hard. Should I try and build up to it?

Edited Mar 16 2012 02:16 by coach_k
Reason: Moved to Health and Support as more appropriate
4 Replies (last)
Go buy a pizza Eat 2 slices, repeat until you eat enough

You're goal should be at least 1800, and you can do it. Nuts, seeds, avocados, oils/butter, lean protein, fruits and veggies, whole grains, and whatever else you need to get to 1800.

You think you are trying to recover from an ED, you are very active, and you are asking if eating less than 1200 is bad...

Sorry, you are miles away from recovery, even if you are not underweight.... continue to eat too little, and that will change fairly rapidly, as well.

2500-3000 would be minimum given that you are active.

Saying 'you can't' is utter BS -- of course you can.  The part of your mind still wrapped in the ED is telling you no, so you don't want to -- but of course you can eat 2500-3000 calories each and every day.

go read the weight gainer thread -- all of them are struggling with recovery, and they manage to eat 2500-3000 per day.

Snack on nuts throughout the day. About 6 handfuls = >1,000 calories. I am SURE you can eat that in a day plus regular, balanced meals throughout the day.

You're right I am afraid. I am afraid of putting food in my mouth and gaining weight. I don't know how not to be and it is something that I am working on with my nutritionist. I know I should listen to my nutritionist, but it is so hard to believe that eating that much will allow me to lose weight. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and try it to prove to myself that I am wrong and everyone else is right...

4 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement