Motivation
Moderators: Sheila, devilish_patsy, sun123, imlosingw8

tossed the rest of a bag of candy down the toilet to avoid yourself from binging?

38 Replies (last)

Nope. But hey whatever works for you!

No, but I am more for the ice cream. I am good for a few days, then I have a little, a little turns into a lot, a lot turns into all of it. That is when I can say it is gone and I don't have to look at it any more and be tempted, and then my perfectly fit Hubby brings in another container because I am out. Yes, it is to be nice because I HAVE to have some sweets, but it is a bummer too because there goes the cycle. *Sigh* ;-)

Not down the toilet but I have poured out a bottle of soda, thrown away cupcakes, brownies/cookies that were tempting me etc. It takes a strong will to be able to dump all those goodies!

I keep extra dark chocolate to treat myself with. A "Special Dark" Hershey's kiss has 20 calories. And, dark chocolate is good for you...has the same great fats found in nuts, avocado, olive oil, etc. I don't binge...I sometimes will have 2-3 kisses if I've been good. Even that small amount does wonders for me mentally...I don't feel like I've forbidden myself something I love...chocolate. 

In the past I have failed when I wouldn't allow myself to have something...knowing I can have a chocolaty treat when I want one keeps me from bingeing.

In example...I tried the Atkins diet years ago...after about 3 months of that strict diet I went to the store and bought a big bag of mini peanut butter cups. I ate the ENTIRE bag. I allow myself to have chocolate now...within reason, and the dark stuff. I wouldn't dream of eating a whole bag of kisses now because I'm "allowed" to have it...the need to cheat isn't there!

I have thrown out a bag of chips before literally walked to the dumpster and tossed it haha

Nope but I did put the rest of a pie in the trash can and squirt dish soap all over it so I couldn't eat anymore! : )

Original Post by pugpup12:

Nope but I did put the rest of a pie in the trash can and squirt dish soap all over it so I couldn't eat anymore! : )

I've done that with cookies before! It's sad when you have to stop yourself from possibly fishing food out of the garbage haha

Sometimes it has to be done - I read somewhere around here a saying that I LOVE and think about whenever someone wants to offer me something fattening:

Better in the TRASH than on my A**!!

Quote  |  Reply

I've destroyed food many times in an effort to avoid eating it.  I hate being wasteful like that, but I know that if I don't destroy it, I'll eat it, so either way, it will be gone.

Original Post by automatikflowers:

Original Post by pugpup12:

I've done that with cookies before! It's sad when you have to stop yourself from possibly fishing food out of the garbage haha

Omg, I know how that is!!! I did that... we made cupcakes and even though they had gone crusty and gross I found myself still picking at them....I threw them into the trash with a nice topping of dishsoap on top....lol

No, but I did make cookies one time that kept calling my name in the kitchen so I ended up throwing em in the trash and spraying Lysol all over them so that I couldn't fish em out!

By the way, I LOVE that quote - Better in the trash than on my A**

When i decide it was time to lose the weight and get trim, i did clean ou tmy cupboards and fridge and sent everything to a camp under a bridge near me but for me greatest challenge was to get to a place where i could go sit at a bakery and have the will power to say no to a chocolate croissant. Once you get there you can have all sort of snackies in your cupboards/fridge and not touch them - i had to get to that place coz i have a big family and didn't want to force my ways onto them.

no, but I have given it away (like bring to work, give to kids, etc)

I have, however, immediately spit 'bad for me food' out at times when I stuck it in my mouth.

No, but I have a friend who uses this type of strategy.

My strategy is to buy individually wrapped portions of things, so that I will only eat one and have to think twice before opening a second one.

No the toilet but I have put down the disposal or when tossing in the trash, if it is chips. I crush them first then dump them out of the bag into the trash. and when something I can crush, I put a nasty dose of SALT on it and toss it.....

My husband is just now learning that I had an addiction to food and having to eat daily makes it real hard to avoid the foods that are not so good for me.

I try to keep snacks that I do like everywhere... even in my car I keep single serving 70 calorie bags of almonds so I have a better chance to not hit fast food or convenience store for a snack.

Quote  |  Reply
Yes, including dumping things right into the trash and mixing them up, so there would be no temptation. Ugh. Sigh...
Quote  |  Reply

We have chickens so they get food I need to get out of the house!  For example, we have a big party coming up and I bought a new cake pan to try out.  I always do a dry run so that I can make sure my idea will work.  Well, the first time was a flop, so I had to bake another batch!  Rather than have the equivalent of TWO cakes in the house, the chickens got the first one.  Pretty sure they are on a sugar high now! (And the 2nd cake is going to work with me today!)

I have never flushed any food down the commode, mainly because I don't want to stop up the commode.  However, I have thrown away food just to stop my eating.  Sometimes I realize that I am eating way to much when I am eating my 3rd or 4th helping.  So, to stop the madness, I will just throw it away. 

I have never taken food out of the trash can to eat.  By the time it gets in the trash can, I am totally disgusted with myself for having eaten as much as I have and I don't want any more of it. 

Nowadays I just try to limit the amount of foods in the house that I know I shouldn't eat.  What is healthy for me is also healthy for my family.  It is kind of like looking out for their health as well as mine, even if I am the only one that is over weight.  I don't want my family to be as over weight as I am.  Hopefully, they see me making alternate and better choices and they realize that those same choices are also better for them.

Quote  |  Reply

Just last night I opened up and poured 2 huge bags of M&Ms into the trash, underneath everything else.  I do that regularly, and ice cream I dump into the sink as well.  My husband doesn't support my weight loss efforts and I've given up asking him not to bring junk food home, so now I just wait until he's not around and get rid of it.  Such a waste!

I've never been able to throw it away because it seemed wasteful... IT NEVER EVEN OCCURRED TO ME to put something on it to make it unpalatable.  I really liked the "either way, it will be gone" comment.  Now (+13lbs of holiday fat), I think I can use that to let it go.  So, thanks!

The +13 came from me devouring all the sweets given to me over the holidays so it would quit talking to me.  It's all gone, but now I am going to have to break the sugar addiction again.  Lesson learned... I never should have eaten that first sample.

I love to make sourdough bread, but my husband and I can only eat so much of it (I am a carb freak and can get out of control pretty quickly). I bake, keep one loaf and everything else goes to work with him.  His co-workers love me, and cannot wait for me to get inspired!  I am happy with one slice of bread....

38 Replies (last)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.