Motivation
Moderators: devilish_patsy, Sheila, sun123, imlosingw8

So FRUSTRATED!

Quote  |  Reply

Hi all.

After being in the 190's for quite some time, I am down to 153lbs. I have been stuck there for 2 months! I dont know what the heck I am doing wrong! I've even started going to step and or zumba 3 days a week on top of my usual work out! I do have hypothyroidism, but its been getting better (more energy, no muscle spasms, my hair is not falling out. Huzzah!). But I cant lose the weight! I've tried eating more, I've tried eating less. I have  a hard time with lifting weights or using the machines because of a previous injury from a car accident, but I still lift what I can.I try to vary my work out as much as I can.

I just dont know what to do! I have until July 1st to try to get to a size 5. I was a size 14, and just fit into a 9 now. I know I should be happy I have lost a lot of weight (dont get me wrong, I am), but I am just so frustrated! Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? I'm going to attempt to cut out bread and pasta (its always whole grain/flax). I rarely have sugar, and maybe have dairy every month or so.

Thanks for listening to me rant :) Have a good weekend!

7 Replies (last)

How much is "eating more" and "eating less?" I don't really recommend cutting out the whole grains--unless that's something you want to stick with forever.

Hi Kotov,

I tried eating 1400 calories and I've tried eating 1100 calories.

Age? Height and weight? Not being nosy, these things are important.

My immediate response is that you're eating too little for your activity level. Even if you were totally sedentary, 1100 calories would be too little. Not eating enough will definitely slow your progress.

Feed the muscle and starve the fat. Why not a size 7? This would not seem overweight unless you are very short.

You are to be commended on your weight loss. Plateau's are often reached and sometimes when you are working out  (Muscle weighs more than fat) you may be building muscle which will sort of be a wash in fat loss for a bit then it will pick up.

How are you doing in inches? Are you feeling toned? If so-just hand in there and you will break through-cut the bread and keep the whole grain pasta or vice versa but keep the protien fed. Don't have enough details bout around 1300 calories should still give you burn if you are moderately active.

Original Post by ifnotforgrace:

Feed the muscle and starve the fat. Why not a size 7? This would not seem overweight unless you are very short.

You are to be commended on your weight loss. Plateau's are often reached and sometimes when you are working out  (Muscle weighs more than fat) you may be building muscle which will sort of be a wash in fat loss for a bit then it will pick up.

How are you doing in inches? Are you feeling toned? If so-just hand in there and you will break through-cut the bread and keep the whole grain pasta or vice versa but keep the protien fed. Don't have enough details bout around 1300 calories should still give you burn if you are moderately active.

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle is more condensed than fat, though. ;)

Without knowing her stats, estimating an amount of calories is a little premature, no?

Thanks all!

I'm 30, 5 foot 2 and now at 153 lbs.

My legs feel more toned, but I have this band of fat around my mid section (hips and belly) that wont seem to go away.

I'd recommend figuring out what your BMR is and never eating below that number. It will definitely be above 1300.

According to a calculator into which I put your stats and activity level, it says that you maintain on around 2280 calories. If you cut 350 calories a day from your diet, you should still be eating a little more than 1800 calories. Then you can use your exercise to create a bit more of a deficit--I wouldn't suggest creating a deficit of more than 750 or so per day.

7 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.