This forum is dedicated to why we want to lose weight. You can list anything! And be as creative and as descriptive as you like. :) Just keep it appropriate. haha I hope that others will be able to read this and get motivated to go recreate their own lives.
If you are a reader or a poster, I am sure you need the motivation as much as I do! So let's do this!
1) So I can breathe! I feel like my fat is suffocating me and squishing my internal organs! haha Sounds a little funny, but true! When I was 40 lbs lighter I didn't feel like this.
2) So I can go out in public without feeling like everyone is looking at my tubbyness.
3) So I can buy whatever clothes I want.
4) So I don't feel overly judged by others.
5) So I won't feel belittled by others glares and stares.
6) So I don't feel ashamed.
7) So I can go outside for a walk without feeling uncomfortable about who my see me.
8) So I don't have to worry about what my old classmates think about the weight I have gained.
9) So I can feel confidence.
10) So I can feel beautiful on the outside.
11) So I can do active activities without feeling like I am dying during or afterwards.
12. So I know what I am capable of.
Note: You don't have to number yours according to everyone else's. Just do your own thing. :)
This is what I say:
It's not necessarily the skin I have but how I feel wearing it. I will never be "on the charts" so I'm not going to try for unrealistic goals.
I want to be able to have my daughter in my arms and know that I can squat down and pick up something from the ground that she's dropped.
I want to feel confident I can walk a few flights of stairs without puking or gasping for breath.
I want to be able to shop at Ann Taylor and not be stuck with lane Bryant.
I want to look and feel good in a swim suit.
I want to get the runners high back.
2) I want to feel good in a bikini
3) I want to have my body be as healthy as possible ( I have lupus, arthritis, and other issues) so, only so much I can do
4) I want to get the runner's high- which relieves much more stress than smoking- (I just quit, 7 days strong)
And 5) it's been my resolution since high school and now, at almost 25, it's overdue
2) I want to have control of my life, and have control of my health.
3) I want to be able to look at myself and not be so ashamed of what I see.
4) I want to have energy
5) I want to give myself the best chance to not have heart disease or diabetes since it runs in my family
6)I want to feel like hot momma who could be an inspiration to others that have faced adversity and say you can do it too! It is possible
1) I'm not getting any younger;
2) Having already lost 30lbs, the difference is amazing and I think it can only be better if I lose the same amount again;
3) I have more energy and can move more fluidly and want to increase that;
4) I'm tired of beating myself up for something that is ultimately within my control and can be changed;
5) I'm happier, healthier and better in myself when I eat properly and sensibly.
Besides the obvious reasons of becoming healthier, happier and cheating death. My dad has had numerous strokes now and a quadruple bypass surgery. This happened when I was 18 and my brother was 16. Don't need any of my future kids worrying about whether I'm going to die when they are in their teenage years
I want to be kickin around when my future kids have kids! I want to live exceedingly long (like my great grandfather who lived by himself until 104) with no debilitating health issues, able to walk and jog with my grandkids and be that lively fun mom & grandmom.
Like notsofatsonow, I'm also tired of being unhappy over something that is 100% in my control!
1. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and only like 2 outfits that do with no money to buy new clothes.
2. I live a mile from the beach - enough said!
3. I enjoy feeling sexy.
4. I am not comfortable being overweight. And I mean that in the most literal way. Like, when I am trying to sleep I have to be careful what position I am in because my fat rolls make me uncomfortable. Ummm, not acceptable!
1) I want to feel more confident about myself.
2) I want to be healthy.
3) I do not want to contribute to the epidemic in North America regarding overweight and obese people. I do not want to be part of these statistics!
Everyone has really good reasons to want to lose the weight. :) Keep on posting because this will be a long forum to go to for when anyone feels discouraged. None of us are alone and all understand each other. Weight loss is not an easy thing. And if we come to each other for help when needed for that extra push, that is a great thing in itself. Losing weight with support will make it a much more pleasant journey. Reading your posts, I feel like I can totally relate. Life is a beautiful thing. We should be able to enjoy it to good health and love. :) And that is what we will do.
My mother's side is (and always has been) obese. I worry sometimes that my children won't get to know her and that scares me. I don't want that for my kids.
1) Wedding is coming in November and I bought my dress 50 lbs ago before an injury threw me off track.
2) General health, I was diagnosed as insulin resistant in high school and I don't want to get diabetes. I also have an arthritic disc in my L4-L5 and it would bug me less if I wasn't so heavy.
3) I want my fiance to be proud to have me at his side, he's always been very health conscious. I want to feel as sexy as I find him.
4) I want my future pregnancies to be easier, and want to start eating right so my kids never have to go down the same path.
5) I want to be strong!!! I don't feel comfortable or confident in the gym right now next to the serious male lifters. If I want to be the best female lifter in my state one day, I gotta get in there and train!
6) I want to tell myself I'm beautiful and believe it.
7) I teach, so I want to set a good example for my students.
1. I want to look good to feel good about myself
2. I want to look good in a swim suit
3. There are so many judgemental kids in high school that I just want to prove them wrong!
4. I have enough things to worry about, weight should not be a concern now
5. My boyfriend may love me for who I am now, but I would love to make him even happier
6. I want to know that I can achieve my goals and gain a little confidence in myself.
Enough said!!! Let's do this!!!!
It seems that a lot of your reasons are based on what other people think of you, and I think that is the worst thing for a lot of us that are trying to lose weight. We need to be doing this for OURSELVES, and we need to learn to love ourselves enough to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising, in fact I care far too much myself what opinion other people have of me, but do it for your own good health and quality of life (and cute clothes!) and not because you feel judged.
Okay, I won't undermine the following reasons no matter how absurd they may sound.
At 34 my body is holding it's weight differently. I am gaining in my legs and thighs. It is weird.
I want to turn back the clock and feel and look younger. Dropping weight has been known to help.
I agree with a previous post, I have to watch how I sleep! Certain positions are uncomfortable.
Most of my clothes don't fit.
My BMI puts me on the edge of overweight/obese.
I want like to run a marathon one day.
I want like to take care of my body the way I believe I can. I want a diet primarily eating only really good fruits and veggies.
I want to fight the fear of my own sexuality/beauty by revealing the sexy beauty beneath the "armor".
I want to be more disciplined.
I want to feel more confident.
I have always been overweight, since I hit puberty. I would love, for once, to live without the extra 45 lbs. Just to see what it is like.
I watch my mom and sister suffer from various aches/pains and do not want to travel down that road. At 56, I know that the decisions I make today will affect my quality of life when I am 82 (like my mom). The other benefits are nice but the basic reason is improved health.
Have a healthy Monday!!
I want to feel better and healthier.
I want to be able to buy clothes in any store that sells clothes. I want more of a selection available to me.
I don't want to run out of breath doing the small everyday chores.
I want to be more available to my family.
I want to feel more confident in myself.
I want to be able to be happy with my body when I look in the mirror. I don't care to be wafer thin, I just want to be healthy and proportioned.
Great question! I'm tempted to put down all of the "right" reasons for wanting to lose the weight...but let's just get real...here's my real reasons for wanting this:
- So I can look in a mirror and not be disgusted by what I see.
- I started this journey in part to hopefully overcome an eating disorder...still struggling...but it's much better today than when I started.
- I'm a photographer...so I spend a lot of time working with people who aren't super confident in front of a camera. Convincing them that they are amazingly beautiful just like they are tends to be a common theme during my sessions. It's really hard to get people to be comfortable in their own skin when I can't do that myself.
- So I can photograph an entire wedding day and not want to collapse at the end from absolute exhaustion.
Here's the biggie:
- Because I hate the way I look and feel...and this is the only way to change it.
1. To play better tennis. Tennis is a big deal in my life and being more fit/healthy will help me play much better.
2. Vanity. I want to fit in my sexy clothes again. I miss wearing the clothes I used to wear.
3. A good example of health for my daughter. She has many good habits now, but I want to encourage her to keep them.
4. Diabetes and heart disease. Obesity is a trait in my family. My Dad weighs over 350 pounds and at the age of 75 literally has become bed ridden. I don't want to wind up like him.