New Members
Moderators: coach_k, chrissy1988

**New Member forum Meet N Greet**

Quote  |  Reply
Hi :)  Calorie~Count ~ Glad I found it ~ Glad U found it ~ Looking forward to getting to know each other :) 

Don't forget to set up a Profile & add friends you meet & share stuff in common ~ you can keep in touch with your friends through each other's Journals here ~ one of the waaaay coolest features here :)

I hope everyone will find this a nice friendly place to introduce yourself, welcome others, chit & chat a bit :)  Now, for a shameless plug...  please feel welcome to visit the chat shack here in the Lounge anytime ~ next best thing to a live chatroom for now ;) 

Please don't wait on the hostess ~ to meet & greet or to chat away.  {{{huggles}}}

Only other guidelines, methinks ~ please no snowball or fist fights ~ bubbles & snuggles are encouraged ;)  

Please copy the list below into a new post and add your information so we can all get to know each other!!   It's up to you how much you want to share.

1. Calorie Count Name (user id):
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:
3. Age & Sex:
4. General Location:
5. Married? Single?
6. Kids? Furbabies?
7. Favorite color?
8. Favorite movie?
9. Hobbies?
10. Favorite Snack?
11. Favorite Beverage?
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy?
13. Weight/Fitness Goal?
14. Least Favorite Household Chore?
15. How did you find Calorie Count?
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share?

edit: debolded the list but freel free to *bold* your Q's or your A's ;)
Edited Jan 24 2008 22:42 by mcderin
Reason: Making a sticky for our new members to see!
6,828 Replies (last)

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): lunasilversmith
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Luna
3. Age & Sex: 41 Female
4. General Location:
5. Married? Single? M
6. Kids? Furbabies? K, F
7. Favorite color? Green
8. Favorite movie? Harold and Maude
9. Hobbies? walking dogs, reading
10. Favorite Snack? brownies
11. Favorite Beverage? water
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? bordem, stress
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 125
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? dishes
15. How did you find Calorie Count? relative
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? I have a question

I am using the free service, and I am wondering why today my dashboard tells me I have 900 more calories to eat when, accoring to the limit set by the calculator, I have closer to 400?  Does it change your daily limit sometimes?

Thank you and I look forward to offering and getting support!

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): barbaraams
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Barbara
3. Age & Sex: 44 female
4. General Location: Amsterdam, NL
5. Married? Single? partners
6. Kids? Furbabies? nee
7. Favorite color? black
8. Favorite movie? Catch and Release
9. Hobbies? mostly reading and cooking
10. Favorite Snack? raw baby carrots
11. Favorite Beverage? herbal tea (green tea with mint)
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? maintaining fitness and diet longterm
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 128 pounds/ideal weight
14. Least Favorite Household Chore?  vacuuming cat hair
15. How did you find Calorie Count? google search for fitness came up with app
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? The app has been a miracle worker for me.  I check everything in it.  I try to keep the carbs down below 100 but decided Atkins for instance couldn't work for me at only 20 a day.  So my weight loss will be more gradual but hopefully more sustainable in the long run.  That promise of 15 pounds in two weeks really grabs you though.

Hello, studies are also a stress for me as I must pass the state language exams here in the Netherlands.  I've picked activities that allow me to study the language at the same time.  Every day I make 100 flash cards of words I need to learn and then learn them while walking and biking.  The walking is outside so I might look a tad bit strange but the biking is stationary.  This multitasking is working really well for me and I am learning tons.  Barbara

Hello I am new to this site and Really need some help I am an 38 year old who has gained alot of weight since having 5 back surgeries in the past 2 years and need help loosing the weight now, Need to find exercise than does not hurt my back Thanks 

I have actually been a member of this site for years, but I haven't been committed to it. I thought adding a post to here might help me make more weight loss buddies for mutual motivation and more :) 

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): starspray

2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Bri
3. Age & Sex: 25, Female 
4. General Location: Ontario, Canada
5. Married? Single? Living with my partner of three years
6. Kids? Furbabies? Not yet, hoping to get a kitten once we have a place that allows pets.
7. Favorite color? green, pink, and purple. 
8. Favorite movie? Requiem for a Dream, A Beautiful Mind, Hotaru no Haka, and the LOTR trilogy 
9. Hobbies? Reading, Biking, watching nature documentaries, knitting, writing, watching movies/tv, going for walks 
10. Favorite Snack? Healthy: baby carrots. Unhealthy: Pizza Buns or chips & salsa. 
11. Favorite Beverage? Lemon water, plain water...and alcohol haha. 
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? Drinking -- I enjoy having a nice glass of wine with dinner or more than one pint of beer on the weekend, which tends to add up calorie wise. I also like going out to eat, which makes for high calorie meals especially on the weekends. My other big obstacle is being a lazy student -- even though I sit in class all day I don't feel like exercising when I am not in class/studying, and I tend to eat junk food at school which negates the benefit of biking there instead of taking the bus. 
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? I would like to weigh around 125 and have a toned body. I would also like to be able to run a marathon! 
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? I hate taking out the trash. 
15. How did you find Calorie Count? I think it was through a google search. 
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? I am a vegetarian, but am not a very healthy one, which is something I would like to change. 

k4dl
Jun 12 2013 18:40
Member posts
Send message
Quote  |  Reply

1. Calorie Count Name (user id):K4DL
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:Dennis
3. Age & Sex: 51 male
4. General Location:Alabama
5. Married? Single?Married
6. Kids? Furbabies?12 year daughter, 2 daughers and 2 sons in their 30's
7. Favorite color? Crimson (Roll Tide)
8. Favorite movie? Hard to say. 
9. Hobbies? Amateur (ham) Radio, Cookin' BBQ
10. Favorite Snack? Oh, there are so many!
11. Favorite Beverage? Diet Dr. Pepper
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? Love to eat and set.
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 180 
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? not sure
15. How did you find Calorie Count? web-search
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? My goal is to become half the man I am now. 360 now, 180 goal. 

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): Danikahopper

2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:Danika

3. Age & Sex: 24 Female

4. General Location: Oregon

5. Married? Single? Married

6. Kids? Furbabies? 3 children age 7, 4 and 3 a 1year old kitty and a rabbit

7. Favorite color? Pink!

8. Favorite movie? The Breakfast Club

9. Hobbies? Reading, repurposing various things

10. Favorite Snack? I have a terrible habit of overeatting junk foods like cakes, cookies, ice cream etc.

11. Favorite Beverage?  I have a love for diet coke but I successfully quit drinking it and all other "diet beverages" several months ago. I am VERY close to cutting all caffeine as well!

12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? Motivation, lack of support from my husband amnd all the fatty foods in the house

13. Weight/Fitness Goal? I want to be at a normal weight for my height. and physically fit to play with my kids, I have not been at a normal weight my entire adulthood

14. Least Favorite Household Chore? folding laundry and dishes

15. How did you find Calorie Count? Google search

16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? I am desperately trying to find help and encouragement. Everytime I lose weight I always gain it back. And this time I am at my heaviest. I have gained over 50lbs in the past year and I really just want my body back.

I look forward to sharing goals and giving support to everyone!

~Danika

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): medic672
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Stephanie
3. Age & Sex: 21 & Female
4. General Location: VA
5. Married? Single?: Engaged. Getting married next year :)
6. Kids? Furbabies? None
7. Favorite color? Pink
8. Favorite movie? Titanic & Pearl Harbor
9. Hobbies? Photography, Crochet, Reading
10. Favorite Snack? Yogurt
11. Favorite Beverage? Diet Dr. Pepper
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? Yummy foods!
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 145 lbs
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? Laundry!! Ugh!
15. How did you find Calorie Count? Just searching through sites
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? Can't wait to meet new people who have the same goals of losing weight like I do! I could definitely use the support and motivation so send me a message! I'd love to meet you :)

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): maimaimai
2. You can call me Mai
3. 21, female
4. Lives on Earth...sometimes, but you could probably guess where I live because my country refuses to convert to metric (even though it is better)
5. In a relationship
6. Kids or furries???......NO! allergies to both (jk on the former)
7. 700 nm range (red)
8. Disney Mulan :)
9. Martial arts, piano, flute, chemistry
10. jerky (yum)
11. jasmine tea (double yum, addict of this beverage since the age of 3)
12. FOOD is my biggest obstacle (love cooking, love eating, hate gaining)
13. 125lbs. is my goal and of course getting tones
14. Cleaning bathroom. ew. (who likes that?)
15. used the calorie counter tools and decided to join.
16. That's pretty much it. I'd love to make some friends

1. Calorie Count Name (user id):ElCubano
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:Alex
3. Age & Sex: 34/male
4. General Location:New York
5. Married? Single? More single than a dollar bill
6. Kids? Furbabies? Neither
7. Favorite color? Red 
8. Favorite movie? To many to list
9. Hobbies? Martial Arts,Reading,Studying Spiritual practices.
10. Favorite Snack? anything I can get my hands on
11. Favorite Beverage? Fruit Smoothie
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? processed food and work schedule 
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 180lbs.....to look good naked
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? all of it
15. How did you find Calorie Count? random search for certain exercises for      defined body spots.
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? Just someone looking to pick up pointers on exercises or methods of calorie reduction and burning.

Hello
Original Post by lauraoflanagan:

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): lunasilversmith
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Luna
3. Age & Sex: 41 Female
4. General Location:
5. Married? Single? M
6. Kids? Furbabies? K, F
7. Favorite color? Green
8. Favorite movie? Harold and Maude
9. Hobbies? walking dogs, reading
10. Favorite Snack? brownies
11. Favorite Beverage? water
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? bordem, stress
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? 125
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? dishes
15. How did you find Calorie Count? relative
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? I have a question

I am using the free service, and I am wondering why today my dashboard tells me I have 900 more calories to eat when, accoring to the limit set by the calculator, I have closer to 400?  Does it change your daily limit sometimes?

Thank you and I look forward to offering and getting support!

When you log your exercise, it will change your calories remaining to a larger number because you burned more than normal that day. Hope that helps!

1. Calorie Count Name (user id):  striven2bfit
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: 
3. Age & Sex: 38
4. General Location: Eastern VA
5. Married? Single?  Married
6. Kids? 2 Furbabies? 4
7. Favorite color? Blue
8. Favorite movie? Ever After
9. Hobbies? Don't really have one
10. Favorite Snack? chips
11. Favorite Beverage? Good 'ol southern sweet tea
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? staying away from the bad foods
13. Weight/Fitness Goal? lose 30lbs 
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? All of it
15. How did you find Calorie Count? Looking at reviews for WW
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share?  I just need support and motivation.  I used to be very fit and thin but now it is a struggle to get back to what I was at 33...

Hi

1. Calorie Count Name (user id): rascallycake
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions: Jayne
3. Age & Sex: 49 (nearly 50) female
4. General Location: Salford, North West England
5. Married? Single? separated 10 years, and attached to a lovely chap for 1
6. Kids? Furbabies? Two gorgeous teens, 1 girl, 1 boy, and a cat I rehomed who keeps boomeranging back. Do frogs count, even though they're furless?.
7. Favorite color? red red red
8. Favorite movie? Babette's Feast (wouldn't you know it)
9. Hobbies? Gardening, cooking, walking, writing, painting
10. Favorite Snack? Cracking cheese, Gromit
11. Favorite Beverage? Lapsang Souchong tea
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy? I'm a recovering alcoholic, so have some catching up to do. I put on weight drinking, then put on 40 pounds when I stopped, having developed a sweet tooth, for the first time in my life. I was 3 dress sizes smaller before all this! Oops!

13. Weight/Fitness Goal? to lose 80lbs and enjoy some regular, decent cardiovascular exercise
14. Least Favorite Household Chore? Hoovering. I detest it.
15. How did you find Calorie Count? Googling nutritional values of foods
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share? I love cooking for my friends and family, but find it tough to then control my own weight. Is this normal?

This seems a great site, and I'm really looking forward to meeting some new sexy sisters in shrinkage, sweat and stamina ha ha!

Hi everyone! Trying to figure this all out...wanting to get more toned- finding it difficult to actually do cardio simply b/c I get really bores really quickly. So I'm hoping someone has some good suggestions for me :))
Hi I'm Bex and I've been finding weight gain a big prob over the last 5 months so I would really welcome all advice and support and I will do my best bk :D much love xxx
1. Calorie Count Name (user id):kaylabear21 2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:kaylabear 3. Age & Sex: 18 female 4. General Location: haha that's really for me to know sorry 5. Married? Single? I'm taken by my boyfriend of a year and 2months 6. Kids? Furbabies?furbabie my bestfriend my 14year old cat punkins 7. Favorite color?blue 8. Favorite movie?not sure 9. Hobbies?photography 10. Favorite Snack?umm not sure lol 11. Favorite Beverage?haha idk 12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy?stress 13. Weight/Fitness Goal?125 14. Least Favorite Household Chore?hmm ill get back to you on that 15. How did you find Calorie Count?I forgot haha 16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share?umm not really :3
Hi! New here! Recently just started changing my eating habits and, well, my whole lifestyle! 31 years old mom of a 12 girl and 2 year old boy. Happily married. Was diagnosed with:PTSD(unhealthy relationship that went on for 10 years), Fibromyalgia, PMDD, severe anxiety and last but not least, insomnia. And all of this was just at the end of Feb this year. I was told by my dr that at the rate my body was going she would be signing off for my disability papers in less than 5 years. I've decided to take control. My motivation is Laura Harris aka Chicken Tuna and a high school friend of mine, Misty McCullum. :D
Hi I accidentally found this app and I'm glad I did. I'm still on week one of using this app but I'm going into my fourth week of weight loss. This is the first time in my life where I have had to exercise for weight lose and eat better. My son is 9 yrs old and when I got pregnant with him I weighed 104 lbs after him I shed it all off and went up to 120lbs which I loved because it filled me out and I didn't look like I need to eat. So when I became serious about losing weight I tipped the scale at 155lbs so far I've lost 4lbs but I'm due to weigh in today and see what my progress is. The weight came on within the last two years the first 1.5 yrs I held steady at 143-145lbs I wasn't unhappy but I was ok but now I'm focused on getting this weight off so I can get my sexy back :-))

1. Calorie Count Name (user id):        ;       &n bsp;        ;  Shelleyg3
2. Name you prefer to be called in discussions:       Shelley
3. Age & Sex:        ;       &n bsp;        ;     45 female
4. General Location:              &nb sp;   Indiana
5. Married? Single?      &n bsp;        ;     divorced
6. Kids? Furbabies?       ;       &n bsp;    3 teenagers
7. Favorite color?      &nb sp;                pink
8. Favorite movie?      &nb sp;               criminal minds
9. Hobbies?      & nbsp;      &nbs p;       & nbsp;      &nbs p;  reading and crafty stuff
10. Favorite Snack?      &nb sp;             sweets :(
11. Favorite Beverage?               Diet Pepsi which I am trying to quit
12. Biggest Obstacle to Getting Healthy?       exercising
13. Weight/Fitness Goal?      &nbs p;       & nbsp;      &nbs p;       & nbsp; be able to do zumba
14. Least Favorite Household Chore?      &nb sp;     cleaning bathrooms after teenage boys
15. How did you find Calorie Count?      &nb sp;       found it an iphone
16. Anything Else You'd Like To Share?      &nb sp;   just wanting support and accountability

Smile

6,828 Replies (last)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.