The Lounge
Moderators: spoiled_candy, Mollybygolly, nomoreexcuses, peaches0405

Do you ever walk out of a public restroom questioning just how far out of the jungle we've really gotten as a species?

Life's little ponderings... GO!!!

43 Replies (last)

It doesn't take a public restroom for me to question that...but yes. Often. The really embarrassing thing is that...if there's no one around, I'll opt for the dude's public lavs everytime.

Btiches be nasty. 

Q. why do Americans call it a restroom? are there comfy seats 'n' stuff in there?

There used to be couches in the ladies room in case walking too much made them tired.
Original Post by amd_66:

Q. why do Americans call it a restroom? are there comfy seats 'n' stuff in there?

Well...that depends on your definition of "comfy."

Typically my last thought on leaving a public restroom is "did anyone see me not wash my hands?"

Oh yes.  I avoid those as much as possible.  Unfortunately, sometimes my bladder wins out over my distaste for public restrooms...  *note to self- do not drink a large cup of coffee before running errands*

My pondering: Why did February lose its first "R"?  I refuse to say Febuary.  It just feels wrong.

I suppose it isn't as bad as our former president saying "nucular" though...

Original Post by kevinatthebrook:

Typically my last thought on leaving a public restroom is "did anyone see me not wash my hands?"

Haha, me too! I keep hand sanitizer in my purse and figure it's the better bet.

To wash your hands in a public bathroom, you just have to touch too many things, not to mention the door on your way out (I usually nudge it with my butt or kick it open to avoid it)

So, I'd rather slap hand sanitizer on, and call it a good job.

Original Post by smashley23:

There used to be couches in the ladies room in case walking too much made them tired.

Really...how cool is that!

Original Post by _adrienne_:

Oh yes.  I avoid those as much as possible.  Unfortunately, sometimes my bladder wins out over my distaste for public restrooms...  *note to self- do not drink a large cup of coffee before running errands*

My pondering: Why did February lose its first "R"?  I refuse to say Febuary.  It just feels wrong.

I suppose it isn't as bad as our former president saying "nucular" though...

February sold out to Toys-R-Us.......

*note to self, remember never to shake hands with Kevin & raychelc,unless rubber glove divides*

I watch a documentary in which they say they are finding that the intelligence divide between humans and some other species isn't as wide as we humans think.

Original Post by amd_66:

*note to self, remember never to shake hands with Kevin & raychelc,unless rubber glove divides*

I prefer hugs....Wink

Original Post by amd_66:

I prefer hugs....

*goes to order some disposable aprons* Tongue out

Original Post by amd_66:

Original Post by amd_66:

I prefer hugs....

*goes to order some disposable aprons*

Well played Ann, well played......

Original Post by smashley23:

You know, it dawned on me the other day why those couches were in there...  Breastfeeding.

The only reason I had this sudden epiphany was because I went into the bathroom at the mall and there was a woman sitting on the couch in the separate 'lounge' area of the bathroom with her infant feeding him/her.

And, then, suddenly, I felt really dumb.

Women need to sit down to breastfeed? How the hell are they supposed to make the sammich if they're sitting down?!

Magic.  Also Unicorns.

Pfft. Womb-induced gibberish.

*trying so hard to once again cage the inner sexist pigman*

...just wait. I'm sure my flamboyant gay man will come out soon. He usually follows pigman.

...why the hell are all my inner personalities male?!

Freud would suggest that it is because women suffer from penis-envy.

Why do people pick their nose whilst driving...

43 Replies (last)
Advertisement
Advertisement