Please make sure you thoroughly read and accept the rules before posting!
- Do not post here if you are not reaching 2500+ calories (3000+ for adult men). Teens must reach 3000 a day minimum. We strongly recommend 3000+ to gain.
- No partial meal plans. Only post complete daily intakes.
- If you post below the minimum, the posts will be removed
- REMEMBER TO EITHER POST THE CALORIE TALLIES OR THE PORTION SIZES!
- Also remember we do not support you using alcohol as a calorie substitute. So if you reach 2500+ with alcohol in your diet, eat a little more to make up for it.
- If you are struggling to reach the necessary amount (and everyone has at some point) then please post a separate thread w/ questions. This is not the place for negative self-talk, nor should any foods be considered bad, unhealthy, or junk -- the goal here is to gain weight to be healthy
- Do not post links to your personal blog.
- Do not discuss weights or personal BMIs -- this is very triggering
This thread is for those of you looking to actively gain weight for whatever reason.
Requirements- If you are a male you need to eat at least 3000 calories, females must eat 2500 -this is so that your body can begin to now only gain weight, but also for your internal organs to begin to recover, this takes fuel/calories. Teens need to eat at least 3000.
It is NOT suggested that you excercise while underweight. Exercise is often an addiction seen with those with eating disorders. Try to stop cold turkey, IF you exercise, 2500/3000 is NOT enough. You are only harming yourself+prolonging the illness by exercising.
If you are struggling to reach the necessary amount, and you all did, then please post a separate thread w/ questions. It is harmful for people to see posts that are under the food requirement amount. There are suggestions on this forum regarding higher calorie+denser foods that should be incorporated to aid in reaching calorie goals.
Reason: Unstickied -- locked due to new thread http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-gain/weight-gainers-eat-today-april
Thank lola! I guess I did need it...
I´d like to say that I´m going to swimming lessons right now ´cause I´ve discovered it really soothes me out... I just have very long stressing days at school + some courses I´m taking and I find myself out of energy at the end of both, but then when I go to swim I come out, get dressed, have a nice little dinner and I feel much better, so I´d rather not leave it... plus I figured it´d help me build some muscle... am I wrong?
Anyway, thank you for the comment! You make me feel better :] How´re you doing!? Hope fantastic! Cheers :]
averagebatgirl: i agree with lola about the exercise as well as the needed 'binge'. swimming takes a lot out of you, i know i'm always hungrier ALL day after swimming.
B-~1.5c fiber plus cereal with 2tb pb, 3/4c blueberries, ~1c OJ
S-chocolate slim fast drink, large banana
L-can of sweet chili tuna with 8 pepper olive oil triscuits, ~2.5c steamed veg(kale,lima ebans,zucchini,cauliflower,gr.peppers) and 1/2avocado, handful carrots
S-choc. weight gainer shake, 1/3c almonds, and an orange
D-large plate(~2.5c)stir fry veggies(broccoli, coloured peppers, asparagus,snap peas,gr.beans) ~3tb olive oil italian dressing, 2large chicken breasts, and a sweet potato
S-chocolate black bean brownie, ~2c sweet chili riceworks, ~30g cheddar cheese
lola--doing better! Had a stomach bug, but am now doing much better. :)
Even after the bug (I lost 4 pounds of water weight because I couldn't keep anything down!) I pulled myself together and am now a pound more than I was before the whole sickness this weekend. :) Yay!
Pre-breakfast: Soy protein shake
Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 diced apple, handful (2) of almonds, flax seed (1 tablespoon), protein powder (1 scoop) soymilk all mushed together in a bowl
Snack: Larabar, juice
Lunch: Subway 6 in veggie delight, apple crisps, honey green iced tea, larabar
Snack: Paul Newman fig bars with peanut butter (2), handful of pita chips, 2 handfuls of trail mix, juice
Snack: Paul Newman O's with peanut butter (2), juice
Dinner: Brown rice, veggie sausages, spinach salad with dressing, pita chips with hummus, handfuls of grapes
Snack: 2 bowls of coconut/Paul Newman O's ice cream my husband made (with full-fat coconut milk from the can so it was nice and creamy!), 4 cookies with a tbsp of peanut butter on top each, and then 2 more tbsps of peanut butter with pita chips
I have been Looking at this forum for a long time and finally got the courage to recover, follow my meal plan, exceed my meal plan, ditch the scale, and except weight gain!!! Big day for me :)
.5 cups of cooked oatmeal (150 )
3 Strawberries (12)
Muscle Milk Protein Shake (100)
Sweet and Sour salad dressing (45)
Sweet and Sour Salad dressing (45)
Cottage Cheese (90)
Bananna Nut Cherios and puffed wheat (150)
Whipped Cream (20)
pb 2 (45)
Snack (and time I decided to fully commit to recovery)
Chocolate bunny from Easter (I have no idea how many calories but I had a lot)
Bananna nut cherios (150 calories)
Frozen yogurt (80)
Puffed Wheat (120 )
Whipped Cream (20)
Hot chocolate (100)
pb 2 (I had like 3 servings 135 calories :)
Muscle milk protein shake (100)
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I started working, so now I'm gone all day and don't get home till late at night; I can't eat from 4-10, and I have practice from 3-4 =/ then I eat a big meal late at night and my stomach hurts in te morning! Any advice?
B: whole grain bagel with a banana, calcium chew
S: Clif bar
L: huge bowl of penne pasta with olive oil and marinara. Two large garlic rolls
S: whole grain crackers, 4~6 tablespoons peanut butter on white wheat nature owns bread, handful of mnms.
D: late at night :( big meals hurt y stomach but I get so hungry! so I had three glasses of milk with a chocolate peanut butter protein bar, 2ox pretzels, the rest of my mnms, calcium chew
Thursday 19, 2012
Man, I feel quite annoying like I´m posting all the time here xD Sorry!
- Sandwich, consisting of 2 slices of flaxseed-multigrain bread (174), lettuce (3), onions (7), unpeeled cucumber(4) + a 1cm slice of panela cheese [lowfat](82), 1 tsp of
light mayo (13) and mustard. + about 1/3 a sweet red pepper (12) sliced on the side + a cup black coffee
- An orange (75)
- 1 cup baby carrots (70)
- 8 almonds (52)
-1 Soful (yogurt like thing enriched with lactobacillus casei shirota (97)
- 2 corn tortillas (160)
- 2 poblano chiles(66) filled with panela cheese(184), made with boiled onions on top (11) + about 1/2 cup of brown rice(120) with 1/8 cup green peas mixed in(16)+ about a ¼ cup of ragu tomato sauce (37)
-3 prunes (60)
-3 cups natural popcorn (130) + 1 Trader Joe´s 73% Dark Chocolate square (45) + 5
- 1 whole wheat Mexican roll (about 150) + about 1/2 cup of pinto beans (122) + about ¼ of of a mozzarella cheese stick (36)+
- 1 cup of Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt (110) + ½ cup blueberries (41) +1/4 cup
natural Cheerios (25)
- 3/8 tbs Organic PB (38) +2 Maria cookies(30)
- 1 Apple/cinnamon Quaker bar (93)
- 2 Dark Chocolate 70% squares (Trader Joe´s) (90)
Today was pretty much the same from the other
day except for a few changes in the evening snack and dinner :]
I hate getting too much cals before bed, but
it´s always when I get hungry! :/ Do you
guys know if that´s wrong?
Don´t we all love PB!? :]
B) Go-ahead Yoghurt slices, 2 petit filious, 2 pink wafers, 1 mini chocolate brioche.
S) 2 sour lollypops, 2 digestives.
L) Peanut butter sandwhich, Freddo frog, Monster munch, apple, cocoa pops cereal bar.
S) Small glass of milk, 2 pink wafers, 2 digestives.
D) Ravioli with dolmio and plenty of cheese, bag of crisps.
S) Small piece chocolate cookie pie, caramel egg.
IM SO PROUD!! First time eating this much :))