Weight Loss
Moderators: spoiled_candy, coach_k, Mollybygolly, devilish_patsy, nycgirl

is 1500 Calories a day okay?

Quote  |  Reply

I'm 6'0, 245 Pounds and i found out i can easily eat 1500 calories a day as long as i eat 5 small means through the day, so is it healthy and safe?

i only want to lose about 2 pounds a week

oh I'm not exercising so far but i may do 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week

5 Replies (last)

How old are you?  1500 sounds too low to me for a 6' man.  Use the tools and find out how many calories you burn each day.  Then subtract 500-1000 calories from that total, but make sure you get the  minimum 1200F/1500M +300teen +%exercise (more if you're taller than average or more than a bit overweight).

Sorry i forgot, I'm 18

Way too little.  You're a man, you're 18-which means you're still growing and your body needs nutrients to do so.

As was said use the tools section here and find out what your bmr is and work from there.

I agree that it's way too little, especially if you exercise. I'm 20, 5'2 and 125 pounds and I eat 1600 a day. Considering that you're younger, taller, heavier, and male, you definitely need a lot more!

Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight

You should consume about 2550 calories a day to reach your goal weight of 200 lbs.

This is at a reasonable weight loss average of 1.5 lbs per week, which should be reached by January 04, 2009.

Remember that this estimate is based on your body weight, height, age, gender, and activity level. It may vary slightly depending on other factors.

Generally, women should not consume any less than 1,200 calories per day, and men should not consume less than 1,500 calories per day.
I plugged in a goal weight of 200 pounds.
5 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.