Weight Loss
Moderators: coach_k, spoiled_candy, Mollybygolly, devilish_patsy, nycgirl

too many calories

Quote  |  Reply
For the past two weeks I've been working out everyday and eating 1200 calories.... Today though, I ate 2000 and didn't workout!!! I went over by eating peanut butter, 2 slices cinnamon swirl bread, and basically fruit. Nothing too bad. (only the bread) but I'm scared I'll gain my 3 pounds back I lost. Should I go to the gym tonight? Or will I be fine.
17 Replies (last)

People can't answer your questions if they don't know your stats.

What's stats?

3 lbs is 10,500 calories.

Eating 2000 for one day is certainly not going to make you gain 3lbs of fat.

What is your usually deficit (net calories) 500-1000 is a good range for losing 1-2lbs a week depending on stats, cause if you are working out hard on 1200 cals you may want to up your cal intake. But one off 2000 shouldn't show unless you retain water weight (and that will of course go away). But depending on your statistics maybe you should be eating more calories around the 1800 range (much more if you are a teen) if you are working out lots and hard. Having break days are fine too, don't beat your self up too much now ;)

Original Post by Chellybattag:

What's stats?

Statistics

Age, sex, height, weight (current and goal) and if you can give more info like: cal deficit, frame size, your usual diet and workout (what and how long).

I'm 19, 5"3 127 lbs and I've been working out everyday usually one day off. I probably should be eating more but everytime I eat more I feel I won't lose weight. it's hard for me to lose weight and I hate it
I'm a female. I usually burn about 600 cals at the gym some days less(on cardio)
Original Post by Chellybattag:

I'm 19, 5"3 127 lbs and I've been working out everyday usually one day off. I probably should be eating more but everytime I eat more I feel I won't lose weight. it's hard for me to lose weight and I hate it

Here is a good link for ages 2-20, yes you are eating too little maybe why you are not losing weight, you may be going into starvation mode.

http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/healthyeatingcalculat or/eatingCal.html

Just a quick punch in your should be eating at least 1500 cals without working out, with working out 1800-2600. Even the adult cal says 1500 for loss with working out. 

edit: try a 1500-1800 cal intake range at least.

Thank you! I think I will up my calories and see how it goes!

No prob, just try to keep healthy in mind, losing fat is the idea, not muscle or other body mass.

I think you have to contact to your family doctor he can help you as well..because he know about your health status...

Its the best way to loss your weight..

i don't think so that we can lose our weight ...in only 2 weeks...

I am a similar height and weight and I don't eat less than 1500 cals because any less and I am starving and don't get the right balance of nutrients.  I burn around 500 - 600 cals in exercise 3 or 4 times a week. 

If my body tells me it's starving then I eat more - healthy foods though.  I usually find if I eat extra one day, and eat the nutrients that my body needs, then I am less hungry the next day, so it balances out.

So I'd agree with the advice of others -  increase your calorie intake to at least 1500 cals of mainly fruit, vegetables, protein and complex carbs.  Include small treats (I often eat a square or two of chocolate after meals), but avoid eating large amounts of chocolate, biscuits, cake  junk food etc.

i don't think so that we can get rid of excess body fat  ... in only 14 days ...

You have to change your mind we can do this..

1200 is too low in the first place, especially if you're exercising.  2000 is not too much, especially if you're exercising.  You should be eating more on a daily basis and, most of all, should not be freaking out over an "overeat" that isn't an overeat.

17 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement