When I changed up/increased intensity and days to my workout I gained weight and inches from water retention (or at least I did a couple of weeks ago). After a few break days of working out water weight gains seem to improve but not inches and now it has over lapped with TOM. Make sure you have workout breaks days (you should see some water weight go after a break day or two), make sure your hydrated and sodium intake is not too high. If you don't think it is anything to do with the above check what you are eating/double check your numbers ie. cal intake (not too big not too little)/deficit (not too big not at actually at a gain).
I still walk on my rest days ;) it is more the intense workouts and mostly weight training, basically the really pushing yourself stuff your body needs breaks to recover. You can be active everyday and it is not a bad thing ;)
Did you calculate your actual protein needs to make sure you're replacing the supplements with sufficient protein through food?
So, you weigh only 79 pounds? CrossFit is a HIIT/semi-strength training regime, and you require 1.8g protein/kg body weight - 65g/1.8g/kg=36 kg, 36kg*2.2lbs/kg= 79 lbs.
Not saying that's the only issue, but you're definitely not reaching even close to adequate protein intake if your goal is 65g/d. I suppose you arrived at that figure by taking the standard recommendation of 0.8g/kg, but that's only valid for sedentary non-dieters, and it doesn't work for anyone who is either dieting or doing crossfit - and you're doing both.
You eat things besides carbs and fat...
It's not rocket science.. eat more eggs, fish, chicken, meat, green vegetables, and tofu, tempeh, protein supplements (if you're veg, or just want to change it up)
If you were only getting 65 grams of protein, that's 260 calories from protein.
On a 1200 cal diet (too low for someone doing anything even close to crossfit), that would be 21% of calories from protein, leaving 79% of your calories to come from fat and carbs.
I don't know that I could come up with a breakdown that would be a) low fat b) low carb, and c) only 65 grams of protein, unless we are including alcohol.
And that's based on a very low calorie target.
I've managed to get 100g protein the past 3 days, using eggs, greens, lean meat, nuts and supplements :-)
Hi i am actually experiencing the same problem, recently took up spinning and lifting weights each about 3/4 times per week so often working out for 1.5 hours a day and i've gained inches on each thigh for sure. No clue why i only eat about 1500 cals/day. Someone suggested i start doing pilates and gentle cardio so i'm going to do that and hopefully see some loss!!
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.