Weight Loss
Moderators: coach_k, spoiled_candy, Mollybygolly, devilish_patsy, nycgirl

Help...

Quote  |  Reply
I'm 15, 6'3" and 176 pounds, and trying to lose overall body fat. I have lost 65 pounds over the last 6 months but I've been stuck for over the past month at the same weight, and I don't feel like my body is changing at all :(

A typical day for me consists of:

-Oatmeal -Apple -Natural PB and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread -Greek Yogurt -Grapes -Moms Dinner ( Considerably Healthy ) -Protein Shake

I usually max out at 1500 calories

I am also doing the Insanity program

Could anybody help me out? Any assistance is appreciated :) thx
9 Replies (last)
U probably platode keep ur diet keep eating healthy but change ur exercise program do different exercise what do u usually do
I just started doing insanity 2 weeks ago so it's fairly new exercise, and I always push myself to my limit.
So u want to lose weight or gain muscle if u want to gain muscle drink sone protein
I'm drinking the whey protein so I can get my needed amount of protein in.

Hitting a plateau is one of the most common queries. That doesn't make it any easier.Smile

Usually the problem is faced by people who have got into a fixed routine. Then the solution is to shock rhe body. Eat more/less, exercise more less randomly. You though say have started a new exercise routine. Could be a on the lines of what happens to people as they start serious exercise. The body change / increases water retention and energy retention in muscles. So though you are loosing body fat you don't lose weight. You could try going back to your old exercises for week or two but I wouldn't stress for another few weeks. If you are maintaining a calorie deficit you'll probably get a "whoosh" weight loss suddenly.

Ok, thanks for the help :) Feelin a bit better now that I know that

As mentioned in some responses to your previous posts, you aren't eating anywhere near enough for your age and activity level.  You should probably be eating more in the range of 2500-3000. 

Also, at 6'3" 176 pounds is perfectly healthy.  You are a growing teenager.  You may be done growing in height, but your organs, bones, ans such are still maturing.  Also, you may still be filling out -- broader chest and shoulders and such. 

If I was you I would look into a weight lifting program -- you can even do a lot with body weight exercises, and try to increase your muscle mass.  But you have to feed the muscle and fuel your workouts to change your body composition. 

Original Post by karozel:

As mentioned in some responses to your previous posts, you aren't eating anywhere near enough for your age and activity level.  You should probably be eating more in the range of 2500-3000. 

Also, at 6'3" 176 pounds is perfectly healthy.  You are a growing teenager.  You may be done growing in height, but your organs, bones, ans such are still maturing.  Also, you may still be filling out -- broader chest and shoulders and such. 

If I was you I would look into a weight lifting program -- you can even do a lot with body weight exercises, and try to increase your muscle mass.  But you have to feed the muscle and fuel your workouts to change your body composition. 

Totally agree here, sounds like your body composition is what you want to change, not so much your weight.  Eat at maintenence and lift heavy weights and have patience.

O
9 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.