You can do it. Just keep going.
HI Al...I am new to this.....but i would suggest some things to help you
1) First off...start with dumping all the foods with HFCS in your grocery ..i.e. soda and other sweetened drinks..always look for foods without them..I know its gonna be expensive...but its worth a shot
2) start buying fruits and whole wheat cereals and breads. Even here, try to make sure you buy them without HFCS.
3) Educate yourself with this book....YOU on a DIET .....they also have a website ....realage dot com to help you understand what foods to eat.
4) Start Exercising today...atleast 5 times a week....1 hr daily......30 min walking mandatory
5) Count your calories but also be checking your waistline as its the min cause for heart diseases.
6) Check your weight every week...to keep you motivated
yeah those are some pretty good tips. this website has actually helped in the last few days at least. it's kinda fun seeing what my nutrition and health looks like for the day, plus i figured that I need to eat around 2200 and burn around 3200 calories a day to reach my goal. I try to aim for those numbers, but if I eat a lot, I try to exercise a little more that day. This Thanksgiving, I'm going to have to ride my bike a lot cause I know I'm going to want to eat my mom's food! :)
I have no idea what HFCS is, but I eat whatever I want. I just try not to eat THAT much of it. And I also realized that sometimes I consume as much as 1500 calories just based on drinks! Sodas, beer, juices, there are a surprising number of calories in them. I'm trying to drink more water. It also helps in making you feel full too so you won't eat as much. What has worked for you in the past?
yeah definitely, sounds like we're pretty similar. I bet that 5-7 mile walk/jog will help a lot. My exercise of choice is cycling, but I've thought about getting into jogging for the sake of a marathon at some later point. Anyway, nice to know you. Good luck!
Good luck. let me know how it goes.
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.