Weight Loss
Moderators: spoiled_candy, coach_k, devilish_patsy, nycgirl, Mollybygolly

New at this.

Quote  |  Reply

Tried WW and still not successful!  Need some positive words!  Please!

5' 7" - 210 lbs.  just turned 35!

4 Replies (last)

I'm right there with you-- except I have never tried WW! 

5'4' 209 right now! BUT I was almost 300--- so... I guess this worked for me! 

I've been working on my weight for about 18 months--- but REALLY trying for about 8 months :) 

I'll support ya! 

What are you currently eating, doing for exercise? 

I am 32, 5'6....started at 168...now 140. I eat very clean, I don't cheat, and I work out. You just have to be honest with yourself, and you have to be committed to this...it's the only way it works!

I cut out all bread, rice, pasta...except for the brown rice versions and steel cut oatmeal...but very limited amounts. For the first month, I didn't really eat any brown rice or oatmeal. I eat a lot of fresh veggies (1 whole avocado a day, tomatoes, big salads, broccoli, green beans, V8) lean grilled meats (chicken, steak, shrimp, fish) and some fruit (1 cup of strawberries a day, other berries, an apple, etc) I drink coconut milk, eat 4-6 eggs a day (hard boiled, no yolks usually)

I am on a high fat, high protein, moderate carb diet. Most of my carbs come from fruits & veggies...some days with oatmeal or brown rice thrown in.

I do roughly 1400 calories a day...sometimes as low as 1200, sometimes as high as 1800.

I do heavy weight lifting 3x a week (I attribute the weights to a large portion of my weight loss) and 60 minutes of HIIT cardio 3x a week.

You can do it!

Good luck to you! :)

You can do this! Just don't give up! I am on WW now and am finding that it works, but it is expensive and doesn't teach anything except portion control. That is why I am here now!! You have to be very very honest with yourself. Measure everything and work out! I joined a boot camp. I was soooo nervous, but it works.

I am 5'6", 32 y/o and 229lbs. I was 240 just 7 weeks ago. It can be done! Change it up a little. You will be surprised how better tracking and working out for an hour 4-5 times a week can help. Make yourself the priority. You are worth it!!!

I totally understand how you feel! I started at 210, now 170 and still slowly losing.

As someone who has tried to lose weight a bunch of times and had bad luck until now, here's a big tip: Don't start off really drastically and don't expect it to happen immediately!

Start slowly and don't beat yourself up about making mistakes. Start by doing little things. Don't drink that sugary drink! Eat one more vegetable per day. Go for a little walk.

When you get to feel good about doing this (which I promise you will!) then you can try something new. Exercise a little harder, put less food on your plate.

If you cut out everything you like to eat and try to exercise an hour every day, I promise you will get sick of it and quit. 

These things really worked for me and I feel great. Best of luck!

4 Replies
Advertisement
Advertisement