Weight Loss
Moderators: spoiled_candy, coach_k, Mollybygolly, devilish_patsy, nycgirl

water

Quote  |  Reply
How much water does everyone drink daily? I'm trying to do 8 glasses. Do you think that this is enough? Also, is it helpful to add lemon to water?
23 Replies (last)
Quote  |  Reply

Hi kelbel113,

I consume lemon water first thing in the morning. Just 1 glass water with 1/4th lemon ( without sugar)

I have heard that it cleanses the system, aids digestion, also stimulate the liver.

Rest of the day I just drink water ( around 5 glasses) and  2 to 3 cups of green tea.

I average around 100 ounces a day.

I drink at least 64 oz, but some days are upwards of 128oz. I carry a quart sized water bottle, so it's not so difficult most days.

Although I hear it's been proven that you don't really need to drink 64 oz of actual water per day, I know I need much more than that.  I generally try to get in between a gallon and 180oz. i usually hit the gallon mark, or close.  The more consistently I drink this much, the more consistent my weight loss. I average 1400-1600 regardless of how much I drink

No, I am diabetic -- I simply only drink water and coffee.  Plus, I exercise.

Yes, I've been drinking this much water for years to no ill effect.

This is, of course, anecdotal and pertains to me -- what works for one doesn't always 'hold water' for another...

I tend to drink ~96 oz a day.  I have a 24oz water bottle and I'll fill it up about 3 times, with 2 12oz cups of coffee.  I like to drink a lot so I'll be motivated to walk around the office (to the restroom with all that peeing hehehe)

I can just as easily drink 80 + oz. as I can drink fewer than 20 oz. If I'm thirsty I drink water, otherwise I don't. It has worked for me thus far in my life.

A LOT!

One of these days I'll average it out, but I can tell you that it's at least 3-4L per day, if not more. Especially on days I workout, it may be up to 6-7L.

I consume about 1L before I even have breakfast. 

I'm a camel. 

Lemon water is good, cleansing -- I drink 3 water bottles per day (at least, 16 oz).  I carry the bottle around with me at work and to meetings.  It is better than coffee.  I always think to myself "have i had enough water today" if the answer is "yes" I drink another bottle - I like to add Crystal Lite to mine when I need sweetness!

Original Post by carmenxox:

A LOT!

One of these days I'll average it out, but I can tell you that it's at least 3-4L per day, if not more. Especially on days I workout, it may be up to 6-7L.

I'm a camel. 

I bet you pee like a racehorse

This is my first day drinking 64 oz. of water. It's really helped me to fill fuller.

Quote  |  Reply

I HATE drinking water. Never used to drink it, maybe one glass per week lol. Now that Im dieting and trying to eat healthy, I drink about 64 oz a day. (4 small 500 ml bottles worth). Some days I might drink more. I start off with one bottle with breakfast and just keep filling it up as often as I can remember. I hate it because Im constantly going to the bathroom to pee now.

Quote  |  Reply

@carmenxox lol. And here I was thinking that I was going a bit overboard, as I drink up to 3- 4L of water per day. Try not to overdo it though, kidneys might resent it

Quote  |  Reply

OmG! 4 Litres? Is that even good for you? lol I'd never stay out of the bathroom.

Original Post by armandounc:

Original Post by carmenxox:

A LOT!

I'm a camel. 

I bet you pee like a racehorse

You bet your ass I do! Cool

10-14 glasses a day here.  

*3 CHEERS FOR CLEAR PEE!!!*

About 64oz (my water bottle 32oz x2), I like my water cold so I have it in the fridge and try to consume 1 bottle before dinner and refilled for after dinner (or 1 bottle during my workout, whenever that is). I have a hard time drinking it cause I am a tea/coffee lover and all I want is tea or coffee and only really want water when it is either really warm out or if I workout.

I like lemon water (no sugar added either from a lemon or lemon juice from a bottle) but still I only really like it when the weather is warmer and nice so I feel refreshed not drowning my insides with water while it pours cold spring rain outside (I swear winter hasn't left my area yet!) X /

I must admit, through and through, I have less water retention even when I consume more sodium than I should, workout and TOM when I drink at least 6-8 8oz of water. When I am lazy I only drink 48oz and even though I have been drinking water for about 2 months (from not being a water drinker) it still is hard for me to drink so much and I still go to the bathroom a lot :P

I typically drink about 4-5 16.9 oz bottles of water a day and then i drink like 3-4 cups of coffee , sometimes even a fountain pop here and there with lots of ice. I guess i am just a big drinker lol!

Quote  |  Reply
Does drinking lots of water each day really aid in weight loss? I am not a natural water drinker. I drink iced coffee throughout the day but I'm trying to incorporate 64 ounces of water daily since I'm now power walking/jogging five days a week.

No ^^^^

i try to drink 3 liters per day.

armandounc, i've read that drinking water increases metabolism and therefore makes the body more efficient at losing weight. is this not true?

23 Replies (last)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Allergy Remedies
Is It Possible to Go Natural?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.