Weight Loss
Moderators: coach_k, spoiled_candy, Mollybygolly, devilish_patsy, nycgirl

water

Quote  |  Reply
How much water does everyone drink daily? I'm trying to do 8 glasses. Do you think that this is enough? Also, is it helpful to add lemon to water?
23 Replies (last)
Quote  |  Reply

Hi kelbel113,

I consume lemon water first thing in the morning. Just 1 glass water with 1/4th lemon ( without sugar)

I have heard that it cleanses the system, aids digestion, also stimulate the liver.

Rest of the day I just drink water ( around 5 glasses) and  2 to 3 cups of green tea.

I average around 100 ounces a day.

I drink at least 64 oz, but some days are upwards of 128oz. I carry a quart sized water bottle, so it's not so difficult most days.

Although I hear it's been proven that you don't really need to drink 64 oz of actual water per day, I know I need much more than that.  I generally try to get in between a gallon and 180oz. i usually hit the gallon mark, or close.  The more consistently I drink this much, the more consistent my weight loss. I average 1400-1600 regardless of how much I drink

No, I am diabetic -- I simply only drink water and coffee.  Plus, I exercise.

Yes, I've been drinking this much water for years to no ill effect.

This is, of course, anecdotal and pertains to me -- what works for one doesn't always 'hold water' for another...

I tend to drink ~96 oz a day.  I have a 24oz water bottle and I'll fill it up about 3 times, with 2 12oz cups of coffee.  I like to drink a lot so I'll be motivated to walk around the office (to the restroom with all that peeing hehehe)

I can just as easily drink 80 + oz. as I can drink fewer than 20 oz. If I'm thirsty I drink water, otherwise I don't. It has worked for me thus far in my life.

A LOT!

One of these days I'll average it out, but I can tell you that it's at least 3-4L per day, if not more. Especially on days I workout, it may be up to 6-7L.

I consume about 1L before I even have breakfast. 

I'm a camel. 

Lemon water is good, cleansing -- I drink 3 water bottles per day (at least, 16 oz).  I carry the bottle around with me at work and to meetings.  It is better than coffee.  I always think to myself "have i had enough water today" if the answer is "yes" I drink another bottle - I like to add Crystal Lite to mine when I need sweetness!

Original Post by carmenxox:

A LOT!

One of these days I'll average it out, but I can tell you that it's at least 3-4L per day, if not more. Especially on days I workout, it may be up to 6-7L.

I'm a camel. 

I bet you pee like a racehorse

This is my first day drinking 64 oz. of water. It's really helped me to fill fuller.

Quote  |  Reply

I HATE drinking water. Never used to drink it, maybe one glass per week lol. Now that Im dieting and trying to eat healthy, I drink about 64 oz a day. (4 small 500 ml bottles worth). Some days I might drink more. I start off with one bottle with breakfast and just keep filling it up as often as I can remember. I hate it because Im constantly going to the bathroom to pee now.

Quote  |  Reply

@carmenxox lol. And here I was thinking that I was going a bit overboard, as I drink up to 3- 4L of water per day. Try not to overdo it though, kidneys might resent it

Quote  |  Reply

OmG! 4 Litres? Is that even good for you? lol I'd never stay out of the bathroom.

Original Post by armandounc:

Original Post by carmenxox:

A LOT!

I'm a camel. 

I bet you pee like a racehorse

You bet your ass I do! Cool

10-14 glasses a day here.  

*3 CHEERS FOR CLEAR PEE!!!*

About 64oz (my water bottle 32oz x2), I like my water cold so I have it in the fridge and try to consume 1 bottle before dinner and refilled for after dinner (or 1 bottle during my workout, whenever that is). I have a hard time drinking it cause I am a tea/coffee lover and all I want is tea or coffee and only really want water when it is either really warm out or if I workout.

I like lemon water (no sugar added either from a lemon or lemon juice from a bottle) but still I only really like it when the weather is warmer and nice so I feel refreshed not drowning my insides with water while it pours cold spring rain outside (I swear winter hasn't left my area yet!) X /

I must admit, through and through, I have less water retention even when I consume more sodium than I should, workout and TOM when I drink at least 6-8 8oz of water. When I am lazy I only drink 48oz and even though I have been drinking water for about 2 months (from not being a water drinker) it still is hard for me to drink so much and I still go to the bathroom a lot :P

I typically drink about 4-5 16.9 oz bottles of water a day and then i drink like 3-4 cups of coffee , sometimes even a fountain pop here and there with lots of ice. I guess i am just a big drinker lol!

Quote  |  Reply
Does drinking lots of water each day really aid in weight loss? I am not a natural water drinker. I drink iced coffee throughout the day but I'm trying to incorporate 64 ounces of water daily since I'm now power walking/jogging five days a week.

No ^^^^

i try to drink 3 liters per day.

armandounc, i've read that drinking water increases metabolism and therefore makes the body more efficient at losing weight. is this not true?

23 Replies (last)
Advertisement
Advertisement