The Weight Loss Forum is a place to chat about issues that matter to you, share healthy and sustainable weight management ideas and strategies, share encouragement and support, and help each of us reach our respective goals
~~PLEASE SEE OUR NEW FAQ SECTION BELOW!!!~~
Welcome to the Weight Loss Forum!
Are you are ready to start your weight loss or weight management journey??? Well then, join us!
You've feasted, you've indulged, you've splurged! And now you're ready to put down that extra plate of food , get on the treadmill & join your friends on Calorie Count who are building a *heathly lifestyle*. You will learn to eat healhtfully and exercise your body and mind.
You CAN manage your weight and enjoy guilt free eating for therest of your life!
Drop down from the rafters (delurk), create an account, start chatting and making friends, ask questions, share tips, ideas, strategies and most importantly, give encouragement and support in the Weight Loss forum!!
Weight Loss Forum Moderators
Weight Loss or Weight Gain: How to Start!
Weight Loss Forum References & Resources
Especially for Teens
- Calculator and calorie information for Teens
- Nutrition, Exercise & Weight Management for Teens
- More Nutrition & Health for Teens
- Weight Management for Kids/Teens - this is a great thread started by one of our own CCers with tons of useful information about how and why kids should maintain their weight healthfully. It also will help parents to educate their children. It is great for both parents and guardians of children/teens as well as teens themselves!
Maintaining Your Weight
How NOT to Diet
Weight Loss Forum and Calorie Count Tidbits
- The website started in 2003
- The 1st Welcome to the Forums thread was on 12/30/05
- There is actually more chatting between friends in the journals than there is in the forums
- Calorie-count.com joined the About.com family in 2006
- The site founders Igor & Erik & customer rep Sheilacc are constantly working behind the scenes to make this site the great place it is
Featured *Sticky* Threads
Watch the top of the forum for great member threads discussing relevant issues!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in the WL forum:
For commonly asked questions on how CC works etc check out the Calorie Count Plus FAQ section. And below are some answers to specific commonly asked questions from the WL forum:
What does the Burn Meter mean?
The top number of the Burn Meter is the total estimated calories you will burn the entire day. This number is based of the activity level that you chose in your Account Settings.
The bottom number displays how many calories you have burned up to that point. The time will be displayed right below the meters. This number will increase as you add activities to your Activity Log.
More information in the FAQs here.
What is the trend or green line?
The blue line represents your actual daily weight (what you input based on your scales reading), and the green line is a moving average trendline. The trend is an average of your last 10 weights which you inputted. The more frequently you input your data (once a day as opposed to once a week or less) the more accurate the trend data will be. If the trend is going up it shows you are gaining (on average), if it is going down it shows you are losing, if it is the same you are plateauing or maintaining.
Reason: Stickied. Edited FAQs and links 5/4/08, updated mods 6/3/08; updated links and mods 5/26/09, 9/4/10, 1/20/12