My Emotional Rescue
Sheila443 began taking a closer look at her physique when she separated from her boyfriend and realized that she didn’t like what she saw. With that new found motivation, she went full force to change everything. She has successfully lost 60lbs and continues to work towards her goal weight.
She contacted us through our Share Your Story feature, and provided the following answers to our questionnaire.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an "Aha!" moment?
When a boyfriend and I separated in Apr 2010, he said nasty things about my size. After getting mad about it, I looked in the mirror and thought "I am FAT". It turns out I needed that motivation to do something about my size before I got any larger.
2. What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
None - I ate whatever and whenever I wanted.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I haven't reached my goal just yet, but I have lost 60 lbs and went from a size 22/24 to a 12/14. I started a "Support Group" on Facebook and my friends have been a HUGE help. My attitude is COMPLETELY different. I feel like a completely different person. My outlook on life went from gloom to pure happiness.
I am much more active, avoid fast food, eat more veggies and fruit and avoid soft drinks..... It really is simple if you don't have any medical conditions and/or restrictions. Move more + Eat Healthier = Weight Loss.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I worked out a lot for a year and lost weight. When I started using Calorie Count, I lost more! I wish I had been watching my food more closely the whole time.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
Jealousy - A few "friends" (a term used loosely) have been negative about it. Sometimes it gets to me, but thankfully I have many friends that are very encouraging.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
A friend of mine pulled a couple pictures from my Facebook page and made a "Before/After" picture for me and sent it to me.... It wasn't until then that I realized just how much weight I had lost. I am so proud of the picture!!!
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I just try to remember what it was like to get winded while going up the stairs in my apartment. I keep in mind that I have 2 boys and how much we love camping, hiking, 4 wheeling and basically anything active. If I relapse, I won't be able to be the kind of mom I want to be.
8. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
TONS HAPPIER!!! I am a lot more active and have slightly higher self-esteem.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I am still losing...My only weight gain since I began this weight loss mission was when I quit smoking at the beginning of 2012. I gained 20 lbs in a couple months. After the cigarette cravings stopped, I started watching my food intake again and I am lower now in weight than I was before I quit.
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Move more - ANYTHING is better than nothing!
- Eat more veggies and fruit.
- Drink more water (real water, not water with additives for flavor).
- No soft drinks.
- No fast food.
If you would like us to feature your success story, you can submit it here. The most insightful stories will be featured on this blog and in the weekly "Success Stories" newsletter.
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.