One Very Successful Year of Weight Loss
Aren't these amazing before and after pictures? Ladyblithe has lost 50 pounds in just over one year by using Calorie Count’s tools. Today, she is at her target weight, and she will continue to follow her proven lifestyle habits to make sure she stays that way.
She contacted us through our Share Your Story feature and provided the following answers to our questionnaire.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an "Aha!" moment?
It was my 25th birthday and I finally decided that it was time to take ahold of my life and become happy and healthy.
2. What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Calorie Count was the first and only "program" that I have ever used. I never really paid any attention to what I was eating in the past. I would go to the gym and try different work out routines but never saw any results and would, ultimately, just give up on any attempt at weight loss. It wasn't until I joined CC that I realized the true importance of how your diet plays into it all.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I joined CC on Jan. 5, 2011 (my 25th birthday) and have stuck with it ever since. I have kept myself accountable by logging everything just about every day. I quickly learned what I should and should not be eating and I began working out regularly and more consistently. The most important change that occurred for me was how I began to view food: I no longer viewed it as a source of comfort, instead I viewed it as source of energy.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I truly believe that I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it wasn't for Calorie Count. I didn't need a "quick fix", I needed a lifestyle change and that is exactly what CC provided me with.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
Going out with friends and family was, and still remains, one of the most difficult parts. It's tough to make good choices when you are out because your choices are pretty limited.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
I didn't want to do weekly weigh ins because I didn't want to become obsessed with the scale, so I stuck with monthly weigh ins. After my first month on CC, I weighed in and found that I had lost 11 lbs and knew immediately that I was going to reach my weight loss goal if I just stuck with it.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I've completely changed the way that I look at food; I no longer view it as a way to comfort myself, I view it as a way to keep myself energized and healthy. As long as I maintain that view then I have no fear of a "relapse" happening.
8. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
For the first time in my life, I love the way I look and feel and am truly happy with the person who I have become.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
It took me 13 months to finally reach my goal weight, check in with me in another year to see if I've maintained it!
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Drink TONS of water everyday.
- Keep yourself accountable and log everything you eat.
- Workout regularly, but don't stick to a single routine. Switch things up!
- Allow yourself to splurge every once in a while and NOT feel bad about it.
- Always remember that this is not a quick fix, it is a lifestyle change and these things take time!
If you would like us to feature your success story, you can submit it here. The most insightful stories will be featured on this blog and in the weekly "Success Stories" newsletter.
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.