Peek into Shay Sorrells' Fridge
If you could take a peek into the fridge of a Biggest Loser, what would you find? Well, I am going to give you a sneak peek inside mine. You may find that we have some of the same things, some different things and some new things that you could try.
- So let's start off with the staples. I have the giant filtered water container for all of my H2O needs. It is so important for me to have icy cold water ready for drinking as I come in, so that is the first thing I go for.
- I also keep iced green tea in the fridge as well as sparkling mineral water just for some variety.
- I keep lots of ready-to-eat fresh fruits and vegetables on stock. Fruits that I enjoy include peaches, oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. For vegetables I like carrots, celery, spinach, romaine lettuce, bell peppers, zucchini, avocados, cucumbers and tomatoes... just to name a few. Many of the veggies I buy pre-prepped (cut, diced, etc.) to save time and to keep from getting overwhelmed by the thought of cooking.
- I have always been intolerant to lactose, but my alternative choice is almond milk. The unsweetened flavors are only 40 calories a cup and they make a mean addition to a smoothie!
- There are several sauces such as teriyaki, barbecue, curry and other flavors I keep on hand. I mostly eat lean meats like chicken and fish, so having these sauces lets me take the taste to a different place every night.
My Quick Meals
- Wheat pitas, low-sodium turkey and ham along with Laughing Cow cheese wedges are a lunchtime necessity!
- We also love brown rice tortillas and use the versatile Greek yogurt as sour cream when it's taco Tuesday in our house!
- I also mix some sugar free strawberry jam with Greek yogurt for a delicious treat.
- We keep the freezer stocked with lean meats, frozen fruits and veggies (which are often cheaper, last longer but for half the price of fresh). I try to portion out most things when I buy them so that they are easily accessible and with my very busy schedule they are ready to eat. This really helps in keeping me on track.
So now you have had a glimpse into my fridge. What's in your fridge?
We get by with a little help from our friends - like Shay - one of our favorite blog authors who champions Calorie Count's philosophy of moderation. Thank you, Shay! Shay Sorrells is an alumna of Biggest Loser, Season 8. Since then she's lost 225 pounds and is continuing her journey by preparing for the New York Marathon this fall. Shay is the Biggest Loser Correspondent at DietsInReview.com and shares her journey at ShaySorrells.com.
Shay does not have financial ties to or investments with Laughing Cow cheese.
Also on About.comRead More »