|Foods||This or that survey, holiday edition!||Dec 20 2008
Motto heart or Hershey's kiss: kisskiss
Chocolate-covered fruit, or fruit-filled chocolate: chocolate covered fruit.
Red or white wine: white
Sugar cookies or valentine cupcakes: cupcakes! I am not a fan of sugar cookies
Make or buy treats for your valentine: make! I've never done it though
Lamb or ham: ham
Plain hard-boiled or deviled eggs: deviled...devilish
Sweet braided bread or hot cross buns: hot cross buns (one-a-penny-two-a-penny)
Pound cake or carrot cake: carrot cake definitely
Jellybeans or peeps: if i had to choose, jellybeans, but I don't like either
Malt balls or chocolate egg: chocolate egg, especially the cadbury ones, mmm
Hot dogs or burgers: burgers baby
Fried chicken or baby back ribs: chicken
Grilled corn or cornbread: cornbread
Chili or baked beans: baked beans
Coleslaw or regular salad: tough call... regular salad probably
Elephant ears or funnel cake: I've never had elephant ears, as far as i know, but i just googled them and they sound amazing
Kettle corn or cracker jacks: kettle corn
Macaroni or potato salad: macaroni
Lemonade or root beer float: really? root beer float, naturally
Ice cream or sorbet: ice cream
Pumpkin roll or pumpkin pie: pumpkin pie
Caramel apples or apple cider: caramel apple
Sweet cinnamon or salty pumpkin seeds: salty. sweet seeds just seem weird.
Candy corn or pumpkin candy: gonna go with candy corn
Gummy worms or gum drops: worms!
Popcorn balls or caramel popcorn: caramel popcorn
Turkey or ham: turkey, it's thanksgiving!
Gravy or cranberry sauce: gravy
Mashed potatoes or sweet potato casserole: ohhh tough call, gotta go with mashed potatoes though
Pumpkin or apple pie: pumpkinpumpkinpumpkin
Biscuits or bread rolls: biscuits
Sweet or savory stuffing: savory
Ham or roast beef: roast beef
Peppermint or pumpkin spice: pumpkin spice
Wassail punch or eggnog: I've only tried eggnog, and could take it or leave it
Pumpkin bread or ginger bread: pumpkin bread (i love pumpkin)
Fruitcake or yule log: lol what's a yule log? sounds like a big christmas turd.
Popcorn garlands or gingerbread cookies: i DO NOT like gingerbread. popcorn!
Chestnuts or marshmallows on an open fire: marshmallows.
|Foods||The Perfect Turkey Sandwich||Nov 27 2008
It sounds weird, but I've been putting a little pumpkin puree on my turkey sandwiches along with a swiss laughing cow cheese wedge. Throw that on a george foreman grill for a minute or so, so goood.
|Foods||tea or coffee for beginners!||Nov 20 2008
Sometimes I add 2 tbsp of diet hot chocolate mix to my coffee (black). Sooooo amazing. Seriously makes me excited to get out of bed in the morning lol.
|Recipes||How long do you keep your leftovers?||Nov 20 2008
I keep them til they smell or are growing things.... I wish I was kidding. Hasn't killed me yet! But I'd probably listen to everyone else, not me, haha.
|Foods||Chocolate PB2 - Yum!||Nov 18 2008
I ordered the same package not too long ago and it's suppose to arrive on Friday and I'm sooo excited lol. I haven't had regular peanut butter in the house for some time cause i tend to binge when it's around. I'm glad to hear you like it! I can't wait.
|Foods||Food Survey||Nov 17 2008
Gosssh I like food too much, I had a hard time deciding on a lot of these.
Breakfast food: pancakes... with peanut butter. hells yeah.
Italian dish: Chicken Parmesan. or chicken fetticine alfredo
Mexican dish: enchiladaaas
Drink: i love coffee and coke zero. i am a caffeine junkie.
Dessert: It's all good :) carrot cake, red velvet cake, and PB bars top the list though
Chinese dish: sweet and sour chicken.... and these aren't really authentic chinese, but i LOVE cream cheese wontons too.
Appetizer: mozzarella sticks. haven't tried jalepeno poppers, but i have a feeling i'd love them too. i love chips and spinach dip too.
Diet food/product: Better n Peanut Butter.
Winter comfort food: mac and cheese
Summer comfort food: triple berry smoothie
Birthday treat: yellow cake (outta the box!) with chocolate frosting. classic.
Fast food item: KFC's chicken and biscuit bowls
Frozen food: ice cream sandwich
Food to bake: squash fries! obviously any sort of dessert too :)
Food to cook: buhhh any chicken dish. especially mexican dishes.
Type of Pizza: buffalo chicken (wow, i like chicken a lot...)
Canned food item: pumpkin
Type of chocolate: milk
Fruit: grapes or strawberries
Veggie: pumpkin and squash right now
|Foods||foood survey!||Nov 16 2008
1) what's your name?: Katie
2) how old are you?: 22
3) how tall are you?: 5'6"
4) what was your starting weight when you came to cc?: 170
5) how much do you weigh now?: 125
6) what's your goal weight?: ~122
7) what's your daily-calorie goal?: 1700
8) are any of your friends or family dieting with you?: nope
9) do you have a gym membership?: free at my school
10) how long have you been on cc?: since January 08
1) flavour-wise, do you prefer white breads or whole wheat?: i've gotten so used to whole wheat, I love it
2) what's your favorite type of grain to eat (oatmeal, bread, wraps, etc)?: ww bagel
3) what's your favorite sandwich filling?: PB and banana
4) what's your favorite kind of bread (rye, pumpernickel, etc)?: erm. sourdough?
5) around how many servings of grain do you consume daily?: prob 6. it varies a lot
6) what's your favorite cracker-topping?: crab dip!
7) what's your favorite thing to do with rice?: I'm not a big rice fan
8) what brand of bread do you usually buy?: sara lee honey wheat, the 45 cal kind
9) what's your favorite type of cereal?: PB captain crunch! and honey bunches of oats.
10) what was your favorite type of breakfast cereal as a child?: fruity pebbles. still good, so good.
1) do you prefer chocolate or white milk?: chocolate!
2) what's your favorite brand of yogurt?: dannon
3) do you think you get enough calcium?: no =(
4) where do you get the most calcium from (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc)?: prob cheese and yogurt
5) what's your favorite type of cheese?: cream cheese! cheesecake-flavored mm.
6) what's your favorite way to eat cheese?: cream cheese on bagels. and mac and cheese
7) what's your favorite flavour of icecream?: Edy's pumpkin!
8) when you eat oatmeal, do you make it with milk, or water?: water
9) what kind of milk do you drink?: skim
10) what's your favorite thing to do with cottage cheese?: toss it with pasta and diced tomatoes. or make protein pancakes.
1) are you vegetarian or vegan?: nope
2) if you aren't vegetarian or vegan, could you ever be?: no, i wish i could
3) what's your favorite type of meat?: chicken
4) what's your favorite type of fish or seafood?: not a huge seafood person buuut tuna?
5) hamburgers or hotdogs?: burgers
6) if you have a barbeque, is it propane-powered, or charcoal?: propane
7) what's your least favorite type of meat?: salmon
8) is there a type of meat you haven't tried yet, but want to try?: buffalo
9) what's the most exotic meat you've ever eaten?: ermm... squid?
10) when you eat meat, is the portion bigger than a deck of cards?: sometimes
1) favorite fruit?: today it's strawberries
2) least favorite type of fruit?: cranberries
3) do you drink fruit juice often?: almost never
4) do you consider tomatoes a fruit, or a vegetable?: fruit
5) do you think you eat enough fruit daily?: yes
6) do you consider fruit more important than vegetables?: no
7) what's your favorite citrus fruit?: oranges
8) do you like pastries with fruit in them, or jelly?: nahhh
9) what's your favorite flavour of jam?: classic grape
10) when do you usually eat the most fruit (breakfast, snack, etc)?: definitely at breakfast
1) when you were a kid, did you like vegetables?: no! i blame my mom, hah
2) do you think you eat enough vegetables now?: yes...probably too much!
3) what's your favorite raw vegetable?: onions and peppers on sandwiches
4) what's your favorite cooked vegetable?: sooo many.... i like baked squash a lot right now
5) what's your least favorite raw vegetable?: radishes
6) what's your least favorite cooked vegetable?: carrots
7) what's your favorite kind of salad?: taco salad! haha
8) do you buy spaghetti sauce, or do you make your own?: buy
9) when/if you order a sub at subway or mr. sub, what vegetables do you get on it?: onions, lettuce, sometimes peppers
10) do you like vegetables more than fruit?: yes
1) what's your favorite type of nut?: peanuts or pistachios
2) what's your least favorite type of nut?: they're all good!
3) what's your favorite type of nut-butter?: peanut. classic. i've actually never tried anything else... i should.
4) are you good with portion control when it comes to nuts or nut-butters?: NO. haven't been able to have PB in my apt for months now.
5) what's your favorite recipe that involves nuts or nut-butters?: whipped PB with ice cream
6) have you ever tried pea-butter or soynut butter?: nooo
7) when was the last time you ate nuts?: halloween weekend
8) is anybody clsoe to you allergic to nuts?: no
9) what's your favorite way to use nut-butters (sandwiches, on fruit, etc)?: on sandwiches. PB is good on everything though. am i right?
10) do you think nuts are worth the calories?: no.
1) what do you put in your coffee?: skim milk.
2) what do you put in your tea?: not a thing
3) do you like the taste of water?: yar
4) do you drink enough water everyday?: probably too much water
5) what's your favorite flavour of diet soda?: vanilla coke zero
6) do you think you drink too much diet soda?: yes
7) do you prefer to eat or drink your calories?: EAT
8) do you drink energy drinks?: no
9) what's your favorite smoothie recipe?: I've only tried a few. I like strawberry/banana/yougurt smoothies though
10) do you flavour your water (lemon, crystal lite, etc)?: sometimes w. crystal light
1) how often do you eat something unhealthy?: i have a free meal 1x a week. i eat processed foods and some other junk pretty frequently though
2) do you prefer a sweet or a salty treat?: SWEET
3) what's your favorite salty treat?: chips... w. french onion dip
4) what's your favorite sweet treat?: chocolate cake...red velvet cake too
5) what's your favorite brand of chocolate bar?: snickers
6) when was the last time you went out to a restaurant?: Friday night I went out for subs
7) what did you order?: roast beef and ham sandwich
8) do you tend to binge on unhealthy foods around your house?: yesss ugh
9) chips or popcorn?: i love me some kettle corn
10) what's your favorite flavour/brand of chips?: dill pickle. or sour cream and cheddar baked lays
|Foods||Lean cuisine?||Nov 16 2008
Sesame chicken. Or the bbq pizza!
|Foods||Favorite Food Survey to cure your boredum/curiosity; be Specific please!||Nov 14 2008
Calorie Goal: 1700 average
Favorite Fruit: bananas or strawberries
Favorite Vegetable: I'm loving winter squash and pumpkin right now
Favorite Meat: chicken
Favorite Dairy: cream cheese
Favorite Carb: bagels
Favorite Baked Good: carrot cake mmm
Favorite Nut: peanuts or pistachios
Favorite Frozen Treat: those orange sherbert push-up things
Favorite Dinner: chicken quesadilla!
Favorite Guilty Pleasure: so many... gotta say cookies though
Old [Pre-Diet] Favorite Food: chicken fetticine alfredo. or most things at taco bell. so bad.
Current Favorite Snack: SF chocolate pudding. or kettle corn
Favorite Comfort Food: milk and cookies
Favorite Herb/Spice: garlic. or cinnamon.
Favorite Salty Food: dill pickle chips
Favorite Sweet Food: cookies...again? If i'm being somewhat health-conscious, peaches are good too.
Favorite Spicy Food: buffalo chicken
Favorite Warm/Hot Food: pancakes or waffles
Favorite Soup: chicken with wild rice
Favorite Sandwich filling: PB and banana.
Favorite Restaurant: tough call...gonna say this local Mexican place, Juano's.
Favorite Dish at said restaurant: enchiladaaas
Favorite Beverage excluding water: Vanilla Coke Zero
Favorite processed food: oatmeal creme piiies
Favorite processed food brand: Little Debbie
All time favorite food: red velvet cake
|Foods||What do you think about Pizza?||Nov 07 2008
I looove NY-style pizza. For me, if I can't have the foods I love once in a while, I can't stick to my diet. Just be careful how you log it... cc counts 1 slice of cheese pizza as 140 calories, which is ridiculous. I'd guess that 1 slice of NY-style is more like 600-800. But yeah, if it fits into your calories for the day, that's great.
|Weight Loss||OMG meals/snacks you used to eat||Nov 05 2008
I would make chocolate chip cookie peanut butter sandwiches!! What was I thinking? Also chicken Pot Pies, too much Taco Bell, and lots of moutain dew.
|Weight Loss||Does anyone but me get bummed out after you weigh at your doctor's office?||Nov 04 2008
Argh, last time I went to the doc I got weighed with my shoes and winter coat on! And yeah, after a big breakfast and lunch...I should not have looked at that scale. It sucks how hung up we can get on these numbers. But that's all we have sometimes, cause it's tough to gauge your own weight loss any other way, since it's so gradual. But 3 pant sizes do not lie, so don't be bummed! : )
|Recipes||pumpkin guts?||Oct 20 2008
Oh wow...I did it all wrong, lol. I used the stringy parts, and I didn't cook the pumpkin at all before pureeing. I'll have to try again--will definitely look for one of the cheese pumpkins. Oh man, pumpkin cheesecake sounds sooo good. Thanks guys! : )
|Maintaining||The Maintenance Club||Oct 17 2008
Hiiii everybody. I can't believe I didn't see this group sooner! I guess I haven't been spending enough time in the maintenance forum. I could use all the support I can get in maintaining.
Starting Weight: 170lbs
Current Weight: 124 lbs (ok, a bit outside of maintenance... it's been a rough few months!)
Maintenance Range: 120~122 lbs
*Now vs. Then: The biggest change has been in my confidence level. Still working on it, but much improved. More energy and less sweaty too, hah.
Aims: Exercise 5x a week, strength-training 3x a week. Nutrionally, I wanna prepare more meals for myself and eat less processed junk.
Weaknesses: Booooze. And emotional eating. Actually, just the combination of booze and emotions. So bad...
Strengths: I'm USUALLY pretty self-disciplined. Though I'm better with exercise than I am around food.
**How I did this week, goals for next week: Last weekend, I had kind of some crazy binges, that were a wake-up call for me. My emotions were totally getting the best of me, and eating did not help them at all. So I made a new plan (to allow for some "cheating") and have stuck to it pretty well so far! It's been 5 days lol... wish me luck.
|Health & Support||dealing with emotional/binge eating. affirmation-oriented support group!||Oct 14 2008
I'll post! I've been binge-free for 3 days now, after a really rough week. I've been bingeing a lot lately because I've been really stressed over a guy--stupid, I know. OK, back to being positive, haha. I've been doing everything I can to combat loneliness and boredom, by hanging out with my best friend and my sister, and by spending a lot of time on cc! Also I've created a new eating plan for myself which allows me to have 3 relatively high cal days per week, so I won't feel so deprived--so I won't feel the need to binge. I'm REALLY hoping it all works out. Tomorrow I'm going out to eat, and I don't know where we're going yet. Sometimes eating out with friends triggers binges for me, because things happen that I haven't planned for (they order a bottle of wine, or get dessert, and I just HAVE to order some too). If I eat something I haven't already logged, I tend to go a little nuts. I really just want to be able to enjoy myself when I eat out, so wish me luck tomorrow!!
|Weight Loss||ALCOHOL+weightloss??????? how the heck did THIS happen???||Oct 08 2008
Yeah, it's prooobably just water weight. It happens to me sometimes--I drink booze, pee a lot, and weigh less in the morning. It'll come back in a day or so. If it were fat loss, I'd totally be on a vodka diet, haha.
|Young Calorie Counters||do your parents eat like you?||Aug 06 2008
Original Post by santana90:
My mom is the same way. If we go to a restaurant and I order a salad, she will too. And then she'll make little comments about what everyone else is eating. But if I decided to splurge and order a burger and fries, she'll do the same. She tries to support my healthy eating habits, but seems to resent my presence in the kitchen, every time I cook for myself or when I try to help her with cooking.
My family sometimes tries to eat healthy, but they don't seem to know how to. They'll praise themselves for eating salads covered in cheese and nuts and drenched in dressing. Sometimes I go grocery shopping with my mom, but it's stressful cause she's always in a hurry, and I love looking at everything and reading all the labels. It's tough too cause I have a 16 year old brother who's an athlete and needs to eat a lot. Living at home has been rough on my diet!
|Foods||What did YOU have for breakfast today?||Aug 03 2008
PANCAKES! Made with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, a tsp of vanilla, and some splenda in a blender. SO good, and SO much protein.
I also make a lot of french toast, using egg whites, skim milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in the batter, and the 45 calorie slices of bread from Sara Lee.
My day isn't complete without hot breakfast.
|The Lounge||Is it me or does everyone else seem like PIGS!!||May 09 2008
Welp, I see this thread has kind of gone nutty, but I just wanted to confess my judgmental-ness too! It's just natural that you tend to notice other people's unwise food choices when you begin to make a conscious effort to be healthier... it doesn't make you a bad person. It's not like I would ever actually SAY something to a person eating junk food.
I feel it most when I'm with my friends. All they ever wanna do is eat! I can't believe how much people eat without thinking, and it reminds me of how much I used to do that. In a way I'm jealous of them, but I also feel good about having developed some self-control now.
|Motivation||Goals for Today & Did you accomplish them?||May 05 2008
My Goals (RECAP):
1. Do 40 minutes on the elliptical and some pilates -DID IT!
2. I'm going to a dinner meeting tonight and have no idea what will be served. But my goal is to eat sensibly and try to keep it to 600 calories. Normally I would somewhat deprive myself during the day so as to be able to indulge at dinner meetings, but that usually results in overeating. So I'm gonna work on self-control! -DID IT! I can't believe I did it! So it was Italian food, which I LOVE, but i filled up like half my plate with salad and then just took little spoonfuls of the various pastas. and I skipped the bread and dessert. I was mildly distracted by the food, but not as crazy as usual. When I got home and looked up the nutritional info on what I ate, I realized I probably ate even less than my allotted 600 calories. So happy!! (this thread works!)
Hope everyone has a great Monday!