|Foods||Peanut Butter Survey||Dec 21 2012
1. Do you like it smooth, chunky, or somewhere in between? Smooth.
2. Do you know anyone allergic to it? Yes, poor fellow!
3. What's your favorite jam to go with it? Cherry or Raspberry.
4. What's your favorite fruit to go with it? Bananas.
5. Favorite vegetable to go with it? Raw Carrots.
6. Favorite bread to go with it? Whole Wheat Toast.
7. What's your favorite brand? Earth Balance Coconut!
8. How much do you typically eat in one sitting? One Tablespoon. (I measure it to make sure I don't get crazy!)
9. What's your favorite meal involving peanut butter? Oatmeal. (Breakfast)
10. Favorite dessert involving peanut butter? Chocolate VitaTops with PB!
11. Do you like peanut butter flavored candy? (ie, Reeses cups and the like) Yes.
12. Do you like peanut butter flavored cereal? YES. PB Puffins are amazing!
13. Do you ever eat it straight from the jar with a spoon? Not anymore!
14. Do you think of it as a way to get healthy fat or a way to get protein? Yes.
15. What's your favorite semi-peanut butter? (ie, Better n' Peanut Butter, PB2, etc) Haven't tried them all, but I do enjoy Better n' PB.
16. Have you ever made your own peanut butter? Nope.
17. Are there any nut butters that you think are better? Not better, but I do like Almond Butter as well!
18. Do you store it in the pantry or the fridge? Pantry.
19. When was the last time you ate peanut butter? Yesterday.
20. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy peanut butter? :) 10! Hands Down!
|Foods||What did YOU eat today?||Dec 21 2012
Friday December 21
Breakfast: Spinach Feta Wrap from Starbucks & Hot Tea
Snack: Odwalla Super Protein Bar & a Banana
Lunch: Spinach Salad with Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Light Dressing, Soynuts + Apple
Snack: Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Frozen Raspberries, Fresh Blueberries, Ground Flax Seeds & a Pear.
|Foods||My life in **FOOD** a SURVEY||Dec 12 2012
1. How do you like your eggs? Hardboiled!
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee - no sugar, with Soy Milk; Tea - Black
3. Favorite breakfast food? Oatmeal
4. Peanut butter, Almond butter, or Nutella? If PB,Smooth or crunchy? Smooth Almond Butter (:
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Red Wine Vinegar + EVOO
6. Pepsi, Coke, or Sprite? Coke Zero!
7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Cereal
8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Veggie Pizza.
9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Veggie Stirfry or Chili.
10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Mac n Cheese!
11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Cottage Cheese.
12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat!
13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Mac n Cheese!
14. Favorite restaurant meal? Salad.
15. Favorite junk food? Veggie Chips!
16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Cottage Cheese & Salsa on a Boca Burger!
17. Favorite dessert? Fruit.
18. Food when you're sick? Soup & Ice Cream.
19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Wine? Maybe Mac n Cheese!
20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Anything Amy's.
21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Vegetarian Chili.
22. Food you eat most often? (ex. I eat X every single day--which is more than you eat any other food) Apples!
23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? ...Apples...
24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? (notice i didn't say "favorite") Carrots!
25. Favorite packaged snack food? Luna Bars.
|Foods||food groupgame for boredom||Oct 31 2011
|Young Calorie Counters||YOUNG Calorie Counters...What did you eat today?||Oct 27 2011
Been super busy, but everyone looks great! & hey annaattack, how's college going?
My dietitian says I gained another pound! So I'm at 110 (: Still more pounds to go though! I'll post my eats from the past as today is not done & there has been no food in my house all week because my mom is still gone! Thank goodness she comes back tonight!
Breakfast: 2x WW English Muffins topped with Almond Butter & a Banana drizzled with Honey & sprinkled with Cinnamon + Clove, Glass of V8 Raspberry Tea Fusions
Snack: Vanilla Ensure Plus
Lunch: 2x String Cheese, 1/2 C Pistachios, Fuji Apple, Bag of Red Grapes (scraped together!)
Snack: Odwalla Original Superfood Smoothie & Cashew Cookie Larabar (yum!)
Dinner: 2x Multigrain Toast topped with a Laughing Cow Original Cheese Wedge & 2x HardBoiled Eggs, Side of steamed Broccoli + Cauliflower + Carrot Sticks drizzled with EVOO, Can of V8 Strawberry Banana Juice!
Snack: Pumpkin Pie Yogurt (<3) with Dark Chocolate Almond Granola + Dried Fruit Oatmeal Topping from SBUCKS + Coconut Flakes
That day I worked 7-11:15 PM & ran 5.5 miles. (:
|Young Calorie Counters||YOUNG Calorie Counters...What did you eat today?||Oct 24 2011
Not going to have time to post later (I work 3 PM - 11:30 PM!) so I'll post now. I decided to not go to school today. I'm such a rebel! This is yesterday:
Breakfast: 1 cup each: Kashi Go Lean, Special K Protein Plus, Mixed Berries & 2% Milk, 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder + Banana
Snack: Starbucks Chocolate Chunk Cookie (<3) + Vanilla Ensure Plus
Lunch: Shrimp & Veggie Stirfry + Brown Rice
Snack: Apple Cinnamon ProBar + Starbucks Fruit Cup
Dinner: 2x Multigrain Toast topped with Laughing Cow Original Cheese Wedge & 2x Hardboiled Eggs + Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots drizzled with EVOO, V8 Strawberry Banana Juice
Snack: Pack of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Fuji Apple & Red Grapes
I worked 8 am - 4 pm! It was one of those days where a bunch of little things went wrong & we just kept wondering what would happen next. Oh well. I hope tonight will be better. :\
|Young Calorie Counters||YOUNG Calorie Counters...What did you eat today?||Oct 24 2011
Hey! I haven't posted here in forever! I hope all is well. I am still trying to gain weight & I still work at Starbucks! ahaha.
Breakfast: 2x WW English Muffins spread with Soynut Butter, topped with a sliced banana & Honey! <3 & a glass of V8 Mango Pineapple Tea Fusions
Snack: Vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast with a cup of 2%
Lunch (out at a sushi restaurant with a friend): Wakame (seaweed) + Mango Salad, "Mumbo Jumbo" Roll - Salmon, Tuna, Whitefish & Veggies in Seaweed.
Snack: 2 pieces of chocolate from my friend's mom!
Dinner: Homemade Beef, Bean & Veggie Chili, Cheddar Cheese, Cornbread Muffin (:
Drink: Venti Passion Tea Lemonade
Snack: Starbuck's Greek Yogurt Parfait with Granola, Iced Gingerbread CLIF Bar
I worked 5:30 PM - 11:15 PM & ran 6 miles today (:
|Foods||What's for breakfast?||Aug 16 2011
this morning after my run I came home & made...
3 Scrambled Egg Whites with Fresh Cracked Black Pepper & a dash of Cayenne, 2 Morning Star Breakfast Sausages Microwaved & Crumbled into the Egg Whites, topped with a few Dashes of Hot Sauce.
on the side... Yoplait Light Raspberry Yogurt with Blueberries.
|Foods||meat survey.||Aug 16 2011
1. what's your favorite source of meat?: Salmon or Chicken.
2. what about your least favorite kind of meat?: Pork or "parts."
3. what meats are traditionally served at thanksgiving in your family?: Turkey!
4. what's your favorite way to cook meat?: Grilled or Roasted/Baked.
5. do you think meat is worth the calories?: For the most part yes.
6. in your opinion, what's the most exotic meat you've ever eaten?: Gator!
7. is there a kind of meat you'd like to try that you've never tried?: Bison.
8. what's your favorite thing to do with chicken?: Grilled Chicken Breast!
9. how do you like your steak?: Medium Rare.
10. what's your favorite thing to do with fish/sea food?: Eat it Raw, Stir Fry, Grill, Bake.
11. honestly, since becoming calorie-conscious/health-conscious.. do you miss bacon?: Nope, was never a really big fan. I ate Turkey Bacon the other day & it was good but it wasn't like amazing.
12. what is your favorite non-animal source of meat? (eggs, beans, nut butters, etc): Nuts (Almonds, Pistchios, Soy Nuts) & Beans (Chickpeas, Black Beans, Kidney Beans & Edamame)
13. what was the last meat product you ate?: Shrimp Stirfry for Dinner.
14. do you weigh out an 85g portion (1 "serving") of meat, or do you just eat however much you want as long as you log the calories?: I eat whatever I want ahaha.
15. what is the next meat product you'll most likely eat?: Salmon for lunch tomorrow.
|Foods||Grab a Glass of Milk and Let's Do a Survey!||Aug 16 2011
1. Favorite type of Milk? 2% or Soy.
2. Do you like your milk cold, room temperature, or hot? Cold.
3. Oatmeal: Milk or no milk? Milk.
4. Do you like chocolate milk? Vanilla? Strawberry? Yes to all of the above!
5. WHat is your all time favorite thing to dip in milk? Eh. Nothing.
6. What goes best with milk during breakfast? Cereal!
7. Lunch? Eh.
8. Dinner? Eh.
9. Dessert? Cake.
10. Favorite type of cookie to dip in milk? Eh. I like Chocolate Chip so I guess that.
11. Least appetizing thing to go with milk? Spinach!
Let's Get Thinking!
12. Make me the best milk smoothie! Soy Milk, Vanilla Protein Powder & Frozen Fruit!
13. Favorite thing to mix into milk? (Chocolate syrup, oats, peanut butter, etc.) Cereal or Oatmeal.
14. Creative new milk flavor? I think they have all been done. I like Banana Split!
15. Best milk-related dessert? Frozen Yogurt.
16. Best season to drink milk? Winter/Fall.
17. Favorite meal to have milk? Breakfast.
18. How much do you like milk? Eh. I like that it makes cheese & yogurt, but I rarely drink it on it's own/in it's natural form.
|Foods||the most RANDOM food SURVEY....EVER!||Aug 16 2011
1. How many piles of food do you like to have on your platE? One Pile for food item generally, unless it's spaghetti or stir fry - then it's just one big pile!
2. do you like 1-dish meals? Yes.
3. how often do you eat dessert/something sweet after a meal? Snack Later? All the time. Dessert right after? Never.
4. do you season your food after it has been cookeD? Sometimes. Usually while it's cooking, but Hot Sauce goes on after!
5. what's your favorite spice? Cinnamon.
6. what's your favorite sweet condiment? Banana Butter! (CCK!!)
7. what's your favorite salty/savory condiment? Dijon Mustard, Salsa or Hot Sauce.
8. who would you have cook your food if you could choose? (real life or fictional) Giada!
9. would you say that you like saltIER food than most people? (I DO...HUSBAND DOES NOT) Nah. I like things fairly bland.
10. do you eat what has been served to you (if you're a guest) regardless of taste/method of preparation? I would. I'm never a guest it seems like.
|Foods||HOW WOULD YOU TOP IT?...just a little food survey :)||Aug 16 2011
what would you..
1. put in a tortilla? Refried Beans & Cheese & Chicken & Salsa!!
2. top your salad with? Black Beans & Basalmic.
3. put on top of pancakes/french toast? Maple Syrup & Powdered Sugar.
4. put on/in ice cream? Mini Chocolate Chips & Strawberries.
5. put on/in oatmeal? Chopped Apples, Pumpkin Puree, PB & Cinnamon.
6. on a sandwich? Turkey, Tomato, Lettuce, Dijon.
7. put on/in your pasta? (what type of pasta would you use? ) Broccoli & Cheese Steam in Bag Veggies & Rotini.
8. put on/in your omelet? Veggies!! (Sauteed Spinach, Mushrooms, Garlic & Salsa!)
9. put on/in your soup? A spoon! ahaha JK maybe Hot Sauce.
10. put on/in your coffee? SF Vanilla Syrup.
|Foods||Tea and coffee survey!||Aug 16 2011
Favorite brand? Tazo Black
What flavor(s)? Chamomile (Calm) or Green or Passion or Chai.
Loose leaf or bagged? Bagged.
Single cup, or a pot? Single Cup.
If bagged, string or no string? Gotta have the string.
Do you use sugar, milk, etc.? Nope.
Regular or Decaf? Either. Brb - now I want tea! Okay I got my tea (:
What do you like to eat with your tea? Usually Breakfast. or nothing.
What time of day do you like to drink it? Morning, or all day if it's Iced.
How often do you drink tea? Most Days. I drink an OBSCENE amount of Iced Tea from Starbucks when I work (like 3 Ventis during a 6 hour shift)
Do you have a favorite tea shop? Starbucks.
Favorite brand? Starbucks.
What kind? Espresso Roast or Pikes.
Do you like flavored roasts? Never Tried.
Favorite way to brew it? in a French Press.
What country do you think has the best tasting beans? Columbia.
Fair trade? Only way to go.
Do you use sugar, milk, etc.? Nope.
Regular or Decaf? Regular
What do you like to eat with your coffee? some kind of bread.
What time of day do you like to drink it? when I need it (at Starbucks)
How often do you drink coffee? 2-3 times a week.
Do you like to eat the beans by themselves? nope.
What about coated in chocolate? never tried.
Your thoughts on Espresso? <3
Does it irritate you when people say "Expresso? VERY. I correct them every time.
What's your favorite blended coffee drink? Iced Cinnamon dolce latte.
Favorite coffee shop? Starbucks.
|Foods||Fruit survey!||Aug 16 2011
Enjoy fruit lovers! :)
Favoutite berry - raspberry.
Favourite citrus fruit - grapefruit.
Favourite dried fruit - figs or pineapple.
Favourite exotic fruit - pineapple?
Favourite tree fruit - cherry..
Favourite nut - pistachios!
Favourite legume - Black Beans.
Best fruit juice - apple.
Mix and match
Create the perfect fruit salad? - cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, strawberries & red grapes!
Best thing to put ontop of this fruit salad? - lemon juice. or Cool Whip.
Perfect trail mix? - Pistachios, Almonds, Dried Figs & Dark Chocolate Chips.
The perfect fruit smoothie? - Frozen Mixed Berries, Frozen Banana, Soy Milk & Protein Powder.
Best fruit to put in a pie? - Apple.
Best fruit cake? - Pineapple.
Best fruit for in a crumble? - Apple or Plum!
Best fruit loaf? - Banana.
Favourite fruity flavoured ice cream? - Cherry Vanilla.
Fruit flavour and brand of yogurt? - Oikos Greek Non Fat.
Favourite fruit to dip in chocolate? - Banana or Strawberries.
Favourite fruit to combine with cheese? - Apples & Grapes.
To combine with Peanut butter? - Apples & Bananas.
Best thing to pair with apples? - String Cheese or Pistachios.
With banana? - Chocolate or/and Peanut Butter.
With berries? - Yogurt or Cereal.
Favourite fruit preserve or spread? - Blueberry.
Best fruit to put ontop of incream? - Maraschino Cherries.
Favourite fruit dessert? - Cherries.
For with waffles or pancakes? - Stewed Apples.
Best fruit in your cereal? - Berries! & Banana.
Frozen fruit? Yum or yuck?- Yum.
If so, favourite frozen fruit? - I have only tried berries.
Best fruit to put in a savory salad? - Dried Cranberries.
How much do you love fruit from 1-100? - 100!
Keep your apples in the fridge or out? - In.
Loved fruit as a kid? - I think so.
Still do now? - Even More!
Do you have your five a day? - I think so. I ate a lot of veggies today though.
Best way to eat fruit? - Straight up (;
Any type of fruit bring back memories? - Honeydew in the morning with breakfast; eating cherries with my Dad (maybe that's why I love them!)
Best fruit to have with breakfast? - Grapefruit, Berries, Banana or Apple.
Best fruit to snack on? - Apples or Grapes. or Cherries.
Organic, local, or from a supermarket? - Supermarket.
Best market fruit? - Publix!
Fruit that you dont like? - None yet.
The big question, all time favourite fruit? - Cherries at their peak (:
|Foods||"FULL Calories"||Aug 02 2011
low fat cottage cheese, apples, HB Eggs, fresh veggies. (:
|Foods||SURVEY...open ended so you can be CREATIVE||Aug 02 2011
1. you're making pancakes. what kind of flour do you use? whole wheat.
2. what toppings do you add to said pancakes? (fruit, nuts, whipped cream) maple syrup.
3. you made an omelet, what did you put in it? stir fry veggies (onions, mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
4. you made a grilled cheese, what kind of cheese did you use? what kind of bread? whole wheat bread, cheddar cheese.
5. what is the perfect side dish for a sandwich? cup of soup!
6. what is the perfect dessert after a pasta or other carb heavy dish? fresh berries.
7. what would you put on an ice cream sundae? chocolate chips & strawberries.
8. if you had to build a creative bowl of oatmeal, what would you put in it? peanut butter, cooked apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove.
9. you have to use rice in a dish, what do you add to make it tasty? chicken, veggies....
10. you have a grill and can make a meal using only it for cooking, what do you make? grilled salmon & zucchini.
|Foods||Foods that take a long time to eat....||Aug 02 2011
string cheese. I like to string it apart. very slowly.
apples. eat them uncut & unpeeled.
pistachios. you have to crack the shell for each one.
fresh veggies. eat them like a rabbit!
or you could just try eating everything slower & enjoying it.
|Foods||Favorite foods- then and now.||Jul 28 2011
As a kid:
1. Cereal- Coco Krispies, Corn Pops.
2. Baked good and/or pastry- Cookies, Cake.
3. Cookie- Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia.
4. Breakfast food- Banana Pancakes with TONS of Syrup, Chocolate Chip Pancakes with TONS of Syrup.
5. Juice- Passion Fruit, Lemonade, Grape, Cranberry.
6. Beverage- All Soda, All Juice.
7. Meat- Chicken Nuggets.
8. Holiday meal- All of them.
9. Type of noodle- Spaghetti, Alfredo.
10. Savory food- Mac n Cheese.
11. Sweet food- Anything. Tootsie Rolls.
12. Type of candy- Jolly Ranchers.
13. Chocolate bar- All of them!
14. Any foods you absolutely HATED?: Not sure.
and a few random questions...
14. Did you eat your veggies without throwing a fit? Yup. I ate everything!
15. Were you the type that fed your brussels sprouts to the dog under the table? Nope!
16. What food smells bring back good memories? Mac n Cheese.
17. Any bad ones? Nope.
18. Was food a big part of your family's cultural identity or just tasty fuel? Tasty Fuel.
19. What country did most of your childhood recipes come from? Germany & America.
As an adult:
1. Cereal- Kashi GoLean, Chocolate Cherrios.
2. Pastry- None.
3. Cookie- Oatmeal.
4. Breakfast food- Bagel, Toast, Eggs, Yogrut + Granola, Fruit.
5. Juice- V8.
6. Beverage- Diet Soda, Unsweet Iced Green Tea.
7. Meat- Salmon, Chicken.
8. Holiday meal- Thanksgiving.
9. Type of noodle- Whole Wheat.
10. Savory food- Chicken.
11. Sweet food- Cherries.
12. Type of candy- Candy Corn!
13. Chocolate bar- 70% Dark Chocolate.
and a few more random questions...
14. Whether you want kids, don't want them, or already have them, what foods would you definitely want to be a part of their childhood? Plenty of Fruits & Veggies.
15. Do you still eat a lot of the foods you liked as a kid? Nope. ED eliminated all the fun food used to bring.
16. What foods did you HATE as a kid, but love or tolerate now? Coffee. That's like, the only thing.
17. Anything you loved then but will no longer eat? Ice Cream, Fried anything (except Chicken WIngs!)
18. Any foods you don't think you will EVER like? Poi, Cream Cheese.
|Foods||Let's fill up another survey!||Jul 28 2011
Do you like the weight where you're at now? meh.
What do you do for a workout? Run, Roller Blade, Bike, Work!
Do you have a weird personal 'belief' about food and its benefits? Better Food = Better Workout.
What is the most important meal of your day? My Next One! ahaha.
How important is alcohol in your life? Low. It's a social thing.
What do you consume the most in general? Cheese. Nuts. Fruit.
What is your ultimate favorite restaurant? What do you order from there? Flamestone Grill, or Smoke Eaters. Flamestone = anything. Smoke Eaters = "Nuclear" Chicken Wings.
Favorite childhood food? Mac n Cheese, Chicken Nuggets.
How important is looking good and healthy to you? It's probably my life.
Are you 'elitist' when it comes to certain food? Maybe. Not sure.
What are your kind of comfort food? Sashimi, Chicken Wings, Mac n Cheese
Who is your role model when it comes to healthy-eating or just health, overall? Jillian Michaels.
What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Starbucks.
|Foods||food survey- my first one haha||Jul 28 2011
do you enjoy taking surveys? sure!
what is your favourite cake? carrot cake.
do you regularly visit coffee shops? if so which ones and what do you usually purchase? I work at Starbucks. I don't usually buy anything, I get it for free!!
best hot drink to enjoy through the cold and rainy days? Hot Green Tea or Caramel Apple Spice.
best cold drink to enjoy in the hot summer days? Iced Green Tea.
what's your binge food? Cherries or Grapes or Popcorn!! (: But it's never really a binge, just a big bowl or two (:
do you eat chocolate everyday or once every now and then with good will power? Once every now and then. Chocolate isn't my favorite.
whats your favourite chocolate bar? Probably 3 Muskateers or Twix.
whats your favourite baked good? CCK's Blondies!
what is the best alternative to sliced bread? English Muffins.
list your last 4 breakfasts?
any meals that bring back childhood memories ? Mac n Cheese.
do you think ice cream is terrible due to it's sugar content? Nope, it's terrible for other reasons.
whats your favourite ice-cream or sorbet flavour? Vanilla or some kind of fruit.
what are you craving right now? nothing.
when was the last time you ate a muffin? I don't know.
is healthy eating a major importance to you? kinda sorta.
what pizza toppings do you put on your pizza? Veggies, Cheese, Chicken.
best smoothie you've tried? Smoothie I make at work! FF Milk, Ice, Banana, 2 shots Espresso & Protein/Fiber Powder. (:
do you prefer to dine in a buffet or a restaurent where you order a set meal?
Order a Set Meal.
favourite culture ? e.g. italian, french Japanese.
whats your favourite dish to that culture? Sashimi or Sushi Rolls without Rice.
do you cook for your family or friends? ahah I don't even have time to cook for myself.
whats one of your best recipies tried and won? Banana Butter.
what foods make you want to puke? Ice Cream, Cream Cheese.
what food is morish? is that a word?
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.