|The Lounge||I'd like to see you naked...||Nov 11 2008
1) You? Anxious? I never would have guessed!
2) Wow, your house is so clean, I could just eat off the floor! Good thing you don't have a mouse problem!
3) Your hips are so proportional to the rest of your body.
4) How do you afford all those designer clothes?
5) Your makeup is so flattering and professionally done!
6) I'm sure plenty of people drink more Diet Coke than you.
7) You have such a way with children, you should be a mom!
8) Your boyfriend is someone I would want my daughter to date!
9) I am totally with you on your views about the death penalty.
10) You are such a great guitarist. Totally professional-sounding. Who taught you, Axle Rose?
11) Wow, you really put your all into your studies!
12) You're such a social butterfly, how do you find time for all your friends?
13) Don't worry, your thoughts and obsessions are totally natural.
I could go on... I'll probably think of more...
|The Lounge||Compulsive List-Maker||Nov 10 2008
This is amazing! I didn't know anyone else was as compulsive of a list-maker as I am. In fact, on my first day in one of my psychology classes, we were supposed to describe ourselves, and I used those exact words: "compulsive list-maker." I have a lot of nervous anxiety, so making lists immediatley calms me down because it puts everything in perspective. And some lists are just fun! I have a bunch of lists saved in a folder on my computer, plus others that I write by hand. I always shop from a grocery list. I have a worry/to-do list, a favorite words list, and a list of things that annoy me. I have a list of ideas for things I want to write about (ironically if I'd stop making lists I might actually write them!). Oh and let's not forget my lists of meals I want to make, favorite smells, favorite songs, favorite movies, and date ideas for me and my boyfriend in case we run out of stuff to do! I'm sure there's more but you all would probably think I'm a psycho!
|Foods||Breakfast||Nov 04 2008
This keeps me full for freaking ever, and it is so delicious and extremely healthy. I have two versions of it:
Cottage cheese concoction: banana version:
-1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
-1/2 cup lf cottage cheese
Mix them up really well and either one is like a bowl of cereal with a serious upgrade. It is so full of protein and fiber it keeps you full for hours. Plus you could do your own variations using whatever fruits and nuts and stuff that you like.
|The Lounge||I am going to be a wreck tomorrow night...||Nov 04 2008
Original Post by bleason:
Can't be any worse than what's happened under Bush.
Me, I cried when John Kerry lost, and I'll pretty much go certifiably insane if Obama loses this time, God forbid. I may not necessarily agree with all of Obama's policies, but the fact is, he's educated, dignified, and humble, and he actually knows what it's like to not have every advantage in life handed to you on a silver platter. He seems to genuinely have the best interest of the people at heart, regardless of which side you take. And that's a hell of a sight better than what we've been putting up with for the past eight years.
|The Lounge||How old are you and your significant other?||Oct 28 2008
I'm 20 and he's 24. My parents weren't so cool with it when I was 14 and he was 18, but now that we're older, it's not such a big deal.
|Foods||What are the top 10 best fishes out there?||Oct 24 2008
In no particular order, the fish that I like to eat are:
And some shellfish:
|The Lounge||"Your Privates"||Oct 24 2008
I don't usually talk about it that much, but I've been known to say "vajayjay," "vag", "cooch", "coochie", "business", and "crotch." I really say these words sarcastically more than anything else. I know they are silly. If I'm being serious I just say "vagina."
For men, I usually say dick, unless I'm around my boyfriend. For some reason that seems so unladylike, so I usually just say penis or avoid talking about it altogether.
|Foods||Favorite "Fake" or diet food||Oct 24 2008
I love Boca Burger Original Vegan patties and Morningstar Farms Gardenburgers.
I am a Diet Coke fiend. And I don't know what I'd do without Splenda in my oatmeal and on my bran flakes.
Oh, and I also love the sugar free Handi-Snack puddings. They are only 45 calories, fat free, and they don't have any partially hydrogenated oil, which the Jell-O ones do (in a tiny amount). They come in vanilla, chocolate, and caramel. I like vanilla and caramel best.
Also PB2 and Smuckers sugar free jelly (especially blackberry) make an awesome PB and J (on store brand lite whole wheat bread for 40 cals a slice.)
Finally for those of us who love our mayo but can't stand the fake crap, Hellman's makes a canola mayo that I swear by. It tastes exactly like regular mayo, but it is low fat and only 45 calories a tablespoon. It has no cholesterol and is made with the kinds of fats that are good for your heart.
|The Lounge||Who is your favourite CCer and why?||Oct 21 2008
I don't think she comes on this board very much, but I'm going to put up a vote for gi-jane, because I think she seems to have a really healthy, moderate relationship with food and "dieting." She really gives a lot of good advice, especially to the young girls struggling with food issues. I don't think I've ever seen her give bad advice.
I also like mollymouser's personality, and I love reading posts from anyone who is blunt and isn't afraid to give someone some tough love.
|The Lounge||What is on your mind right now?||Oct 21 2008
I just had to post in response to the original OP because my middle name is Avene (very close to your friend's name) and I have never met anyone who had the same or similar name! I have always thought it was really unique. It means "love" in Kurdish. What nationality is your friend?
By the way I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with her. For me, right now, I'm not particularly pissed off at anyone, so I'll say... THE GOVERNMENT! We can always blame something on them can't we?
|Foods||What did YOU eat today?||Oct 17 2008
B - cottage cheese with sliced banana, bran flakes, sugar free maple syrup, splenda, and a little milk.
L - chicken salad sandwich from Atlanta Bread Co., slice of nine grain bread, pumpkin muffin
D - went to favorite seafood place with my boyfriend! I had oven baked mahi mahi, baked potato with ketchup, salad with cocktail sauce for dressing, grape sucker after dinner
Snacks throughout the day: bowl of bran flakes, sugar free caramel pudding, banana, oatmeal
|Foods||New favourites and old favourites survey!||Oct 08 2008
Old Fave: Nutri-grain bars
New fave: Pria bars or Kashi nut rolls
Old Fave: I'm pretty much neutral to most veggies. Maybe peas or potatoes, if I had to pick.
New Fave: Now that it's fall, pumpkin and sweet potato
Old fave: Bananas and apples
New fave: Same
Old fave: Ice cream
New fave: Though I still love ice cream and eat it in moderation, I am on a serious cottage cheese kick now. There is no limit to what you can do with this miracle.
Old fave: Cheese steaks, burgers
New fave: Sushi, chicken, tuna
Old fave: Ice cream
New fave: Baked goods (muffins, brownies, cakes, etc.) I'm not claiming that cakes are any healthier... my tastes have just changed over time.
|Young Calorie Counters||Teens: What do YOU do when you're home sick?||Sep 27 2008
I don't deal well with homesickness. So yeah, you're not alone. :(
EDIT: oh, I just realized, you're at home, sick, not homesick. Oops, sorry, I feel dumb now.
|Foods||foood survey!||Sep 27 2008
1) what's your name?: Lucia
2) how old are you?: 20
3) how tall are you?: 5' 2"
4) what was your starting weight when you came to cc?: about 118 (but then I got down to 87 lbs--yeah, not healthy.)
5) how much do you weigh now?: 112
6) what's your goal weight?: 112
7) what's your daily-calorie goal?: 2500 on active days
8) are any of your friends or family dieting with you?:
9) do you have a gym membership?: used to, at the Y. I got way too obsessive about going there. So now I just work out in my college weight room.
10) how long have you been on cc?: almost 2 years now.
1) flavour-wise, do you prefer white breads or whole wheat?: I confess, I like the gluey taste of white better than whole wheat, though I eat whole wheat most of the time.
2) what's your favorite type of grain to eat (oatmeal, bread, wraps, etc)?: BREAD. OMG, I am a bread addict.
3) what's your favorite sandwich filling?: Either tuna salad or PB and J, though I love many sandwiches.
4) what's your favorite kind of bread (rye, pumpernickel, etc)?: I love all breads, but pumpernickel is high on the list. I also love bagels and sourdough bread.
5) around how many servings of grain do you consume daily?: around 7
6) what's your favorite cracker-topping?: Cheese or PB
7) what's your favorite thing to do with rice?: Make rice pilaf.
8) what brand of bread do you usually buy?: store brand lite wheat
9) what's your favorite type of cereal?: bran flakes, cinnamon Life or Reese's puffs as a treat
10) what was your favorite type of breakfast cereal as a child?: Trix, Fruity Pebbles and Reese's Puffs. I'd eat bowls at a time.
1) do you prefer chocolate or white milk?: chocolate, though I literally never drink it.
2) what's your favorite brand of yogurt?: I loathe yogurt
3) do you think you get enough calcium?: I could probably use more
4) where do you get the most calcium from (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc)?: milk and cottage cheese
5) what's your favorite type of cheese?: Muenster or Colby Jack
6) what's your favorite way to eat cheese?: Toasted on bread with a little sugar (comfort food from my childhood) or on pizza or a cheesesteak (you can tell I have trouble with decision-making.) :)
7) what's your favorite flavour of icecream?: I guess I'd say birhtday cake, followed closely by black walnut.
8) when you eat oatmeal, do you make it with milk, or water?: water, and I add a very little bit of milk at the end.
9) what kind of milk do you drink?: skim, from a cow
10) what's your favorite thing to do with cottage cheese?: mix it with bran flakes, milk, bananas, and sugar free maple syrup. It's like cereal taken to a whole new level.
1) are you vegetarian or vegan?: no, though I once was vegetarian.
2) if you aren't vegetarian or vegan, could you ever be?: not anymore. I have developed taste for meat.
3) what's your favorite type of meat?: chicken because of it's versatility, though nothing beats some nice tender beef.
4) what's your favorite type of fish or seafood?: lobster
5) hamburgers or hotdogs?: Hamburgers
6) if you have a barbeque, is it propane-powered, or charcoal?: propane
7) what's your least favorite type of meat?: pork or weird meats like octopus
8) is there a type of meat you haven't tried yet, but want to try?: venison or other game meats
9) what's the most exotic meat you've ever eaten?: bison and alligator
10) when you eat meat, is the portion bigger than a deck of cards?: not usually, I try to be careful about that
1) favorite fruit?: bananas
2) least favorite type of fruit?: grapes, oranges (I like all fruits, really, I'm just not as crazy about these)
3) do you drink fruit juice often?: never, too much sugar for something that you can't even chew
4) do you consider tomatoes a fruit, or a vegetable?: I know they're a fruit, but they seem like veggies to me
5) do you think you eat enough fruit daily?: most days, though compared to some people on here, I must seem paltry in the fruit department.
6) do you consider fruit more important than vegetables?: I think it's the other way around.
7) what's your favorite citrus fruit?: clementine oranges when in Europe (they just don't taste as good here at home in America for some reason; it must be a psychological thing)
8) do you like pastries with fruit in them, or jelly?: I'm not a huge pastry fan, but I like both equally well.
9) what's your favorite flavour of jam?: grape
10) when do you usually eat the most fruit (breakfast, snack, etc)?: breakfast
1) when you were a kid, did you like vegetables?: pretty well
2) do you think you eat enough vegetables now?: yes
3) what's your favorite raw vegetable?: carrot
4) what's your favorite cooked vegetable?: sweet potato
5) what's your least favorite raw vegetable?: celery
6) what's your least favorite cooked vegetable?: eggplant
7) what's your favorite kind of salad?: a zalad from zaxbys (I always get the house with lots of leafy greens, no fried onions, and grilled chicken.)
8) do you buy spaghetti sauce, or do you make your own?: usually make my own.
9) when/if you order a sub at subway or mr. sub, what vegetables do you get on it?: haha, I WORK at subway. I get lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, banana peppers, and lots of onions.
10) do you like vegetables more than fruit?: sometimes. Other times I'm in more of a fruit mood.
1) what's your favorite type of nut?: argh, don't make me choose. I guess either cashews or hazlenuts, though all nuts are amazing.
2) what's your least favorite type of nut?: Brazil. (ick, the one nut I hate.)
3) what's your favorite type of nut-butter?: peanut
4) are you good with portion control when it comes to nuts or nut-butters?: Most of the time.
5) what's your favorite recipe that involves nuts or nut-butters?: banana nut bread
6) have you ever tried pea-butter or soynut butter?: no
7) when was the last time you ate nuts?: day before yesterday
8) is anybody clsoe to you allergic to nuts?: no
9) what's your favorite way to use nut-butters (sandwiches, on fruit, etc)?: sandwich
10) do you think nuts are worth the calories?: yeah, though I wish they were less
1) what do you put in your coffee?: hate coffee
2) what do you put in your tea?: hate tea
3) do you like the taste of water?: no, it has no taste
4) do you drink enough water everyday?: yes, most days
5) what's your favorite flavour of diet soda?: diet coke (my lifeblood)
6) do you think you drink too much diet soda?: undoubtedly. But hey, it's practically my one physical vice
7) do you prefer to eat or drink your calories?: EAT
8) do you drink energy drinks?: no (unless you count Diet Coke lol)
9) what's your favorite smoothie recipe?: I don't really drink smoothies, though I used to make one with peanut butter, banana, milk, and oats that was good.
10) do you flavour your water (lemon, crystal lite, etc)?: no
1) how often do you eat something unhealthy?: I treat myself every day, but within moderation
2) do you prefer a sweet or a salty treat?: sweet
3) what's your favorite salty treat?: those sandwich crackers with cheese inside that you get at gas stations
4) what's your favorite sweet treat?: muffins
5) what's your favorite brand of chocolate bar?: Nutrageous (drool)
6) when was the last time you went out to a restaurant?: yesterday. But I'm going to Olive Garden for my brother's birthday tomorrow! (Eggplant parm here I come)
7) what did you order?: Zalad (I went to Zaxby's)
8) do you tend to binge on unhealthy foods around your house?: lately, sadly, yes. But not usually.
9) chips or popcorn?: chips, unless I'm at the movies.
10) what's your favorite flavour/brand of chips?: Sun Chips or Wheat Thins
|Foods||What did you eat today?||Sep 18 2008
|Ok, I'm sorry to have offended you, jlapj. (meant sincerely.) I know my original post didn't sound very kind or helpful, but I really didn't mean it to be rude. I guess tone of voice just doesn't come across very well online. You're right that we all have no idea of underlying issues that others may have. God knows I have my own. It just bothers me, especially as someone dealing with recovery from an eating disorder, to see low calorie figures. I guess it makes alarm bells go off in my head. But I'm sorry to have overstepped the line.|
|Foods||What did you eat today?||Sep 18 2008
Thank you, boston.
I wasn't trying to "dog" anyone, but rather trying to promote the healthy guidelines that this site stands for. The difference between me and the posters I'm referring to is that they pubically post the fact that they're not eating enough, which is triggering to some people. I don't like to be harrassed about my eating habits, but I eat enough, and even if I didn't, I wouldn't be displaying it for everyone to see, as if it's something to be proud of. That's why on the other, identical thread to this, there is a specific guideline not to post if you're not eating enough. It should be on this one too. In fact I don't know why this thread even exists. And it really was unnecessary to jump down my throat.
|Foods||Dinner ideas??||Sep 18 2008
Sorry, I'm not usually one to point out typos, and I'm not usually this immature, but I'm still laughing over the word "vaggies"... :P
ANYWAY, how about a nice curry with chicken or shrimp or lean beef, cooked in a pan with whatever vegetables you want, lots of fragrant middle eastern spices, and served over brown rice? This is one of my favorite quick, easy meals. If you want to get the calorie count around 500, just cook it all in some healthy olive oil or add more rice.
|Foods||What did you eat today?||Sep 18 2008
|Gosh, so many of you aren't eating enough. It may seem great to eat 1200 calories and exercise off 500, but your body will rebel soon. You'll feel too tired to go on with your daily routine, and you'll stop losing weight. Trust me, I've been there.|
|Foods||What do you do with your PB2?||Sep 14 2008
|I spread mine into a warm pita with banana and sometimes jelly or honey. It makes an amazing breakfast. I also put it into my oatmeal and usually add banana to that too. Oh and it's a great dip for apples.|
|Foods||Sweets?||Sep 12 2008
|^^ dreas... raw nuts, lean deli meats like turkey, and low fat cottage cheese are all excellent sources of protein. Nuts also have healthy fat. You could cut up some raw veggies and eat them with the cottage cheese. Cottage cheese also goes really well with fruit if you like that better. You could make turkey sandwiches out of sliced turkey and veggies that you keep at the house... These are just some suggestions, hope they helped.|