I Tossed the Cigarettes and 87 Pounds!
Imyazoooo has reached her goal of losing 87 lbs and what makes her story so inspirational is she did this after quitting smoking. Currently, she is at her target weight of 130 pounds, and she will continue to use Calorie Count and follow her proven lifestyle habits to make sure she stays that way.
She contacted us through our Share Your Story feature, and provided the following answers to our questionnaire.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an "Aha!" moment?
I was embarking on a quest to take control of my life. I was taking Chantix to quit smoking and knew that if I had started to gain weight, I would have gone right back to cigarettes. The day I gave up smoking, I joined Calorie Count and started losing the weight I wanted to.
2. What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Weight Watchers, Slim Fast...successful for the short term, not in the long term.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I started saying I wanted to lose 50 lbs and once I did, I kept adding until I reached the weight I wanted to be.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I could never have done it without Calorie Count. It was the first resource to tell me how many calories I could eat and still lose weight. I use it to this day to log my food and will continue to do so.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
This time, not too many.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
I had lost about 15 lbs. in the first month and from there, I just kept going.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
So far, this has not been a problem. Being thin feels better than anything tastes.
8. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
I feel great...for the first time in my life.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
Approximately one year.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Stick with it, don't be discouraged and if you do cheat, get right back on it.
- Look for healthy alternatives.
- Don't let other people sabotage you.
- Go at your own pace.
- Don't eat fried foods....ever.
If you would like us to feature your success story, you can submit it here. The most insightful stories will be featured on this blog and in the weekly "Success Stories" newsletter.