1. History with weight loss:
2. History with Calorie Count:
3. Reason for joining this group:
4. Some interesting details about yourself, such as your job, your family, your pets and your interests:
And now just go ahead and make that first post!
Hi my name is Jessica im 28yrs old and live near Pittsburgh, PA. I just had a son Sept 22nd. This is our 2nd child we also have a 3yrd old son.
1. History with weight loss: with my first pregnancy i went from 135lbs to 210lbs it took about a year to lose most of the weight. I had gotten down to 140lbs
2. History with Calorie Count: I just recently found this website and absolutly love it!!
3. Reason for joining this group: Trying to lose my baby fat! With my most recent pregnancy i went from 140lbs to 190lbs im currently at 160lbs and i would like to get down to 130lbs. Have a high school reunion coming up and gotta get fit lol!!
4. Some interesting details about yourself, such as your job, your family, your pets and your interests: I am currently a SAHM. I have been married for 3yrs.
Hello. My name is Sarah.
1. I got interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle after I had my son in 2006. I was 135 when I got pregnant with him and gained 30 lbs. Most of the baby weight was easy to lose but the last five lbs required dieting and exercise. I ended up loving my new routine that I actually lost an additional 25 lbs by the time he was 13 months.
2. Started using it before I got pregnant. It's been helpful with my 2nd pregnancy. It holds me accountable for not only watching how many calories I eat but also what I eat.
3. I joined this group because I am 38+ weeks pregnant with my second baby and I am hoping to start getting my body back ASAP. She's due on the 16th of January so that is when I plan on really getting involved with this group.
4. I pursued a dancing career until I got pregnant with my first son. He changed all my plans and now my main goal is to provide a happy home for him, my husband, and our new baby girl.
Hi! My name is Erica. I'm 26, married and live in a suburb of Kansas City. I have a 4-year-old daughter (Emma) and a son (John) who was born on October 10th, 2008.
Before becoming pregnant with my daughter at 21, I was 5'3" and 107 pounds. I had been skinny all my life and never had to control what I ate. I had weighed 107 pounds since I was 13. I gained over 70 pounds while pregnant with my daughter. I initially lost 20 pounds and then plateaued. I had no idea how to eat well and lose weight because I never had to. After I stopped breastfeeding, I lost another 15 pounds and plateaued again. My husband and I decided to get married in May of '07 and the race to lose weight was on. I found CC and it helped me lose the remaining weight and get down to 118 on the day of my wedding. Between my wedding in May and getting pregnant in January, I gained 10 pounds. During my second pregnancy, I gained 40 pounds but did it in a healthy way thanks to CC. I have now lost 23 pounds at 3 months postpartum and have plateaued again. I honestly believe that my body will not lose any more weight until I finish breastfeeding. I just keep eating well and slowly introducing exercise (I had c-sections for both babies) in hopes that the weight will slowly come off.
I joined this group because I'm trying to be healthy while breastfeeding and eventually lose the baby weight that's holding on for dear life. I also want to help motivate others to do the same.
I am a working mom and I hate it. I wish I could stay home with my kids but my husband's salary won't allow it. I am going to school in hopes of being accepted to nursing school at the beginning of next year. Ultimately, I want to become a Nurse-Midwife, possibly starting my own business of helping first-time moms prepare for baby (physically and at home). Babies and children are my passion! I love to read but the only books I've read lately are a whole lot of Dr. Seuss. I also love cooking, something I don't have much time for either.
I also have a very neglected (since the new baby came home) yet spoiled pug named Gizmo.
Hi ladies, I am Catherine. I'm 29 years old and live in a suburb of Portland, OR.
1. History with weight loss: I struggled with my weight all my life, but not significantly. I have a bit of a history of using very unhealthy ways to "get skinny". I was really skinny when I was on drugs. Otherwise there have been times in my life I had 10-20 pounds to spare.
2. History with Calorie Count: I signed up before I was pregnant. Found the sight when I Googled "calories in_______" . I liked the tools and the support from other members. I wanted to lose 10 pounds...took a long break when I was pregnant. Now I'm back and I want to lose weight healthily and learn normal, balanced eating habits. I am tired of trying to starve myself/ pigging out and thinking "oh well"/ having unrealistic expectations.
3. Reason for joining this group: I had a baby 2 months ago. I was a very healthy weight before pregnancy (I realize that now). Gained 60 pounds during pregnancy. After the birth, 30 pounds dropped off with no effort within 2 weeks. After that I could not lose one pound, then I started to gain. Now I want to make an effort to lose weight in a reasonable, healthy way especially since I am breastfeeding (and very hungry). I want to lose 30 which will put me at my pre-preg weight of 137 which is great for my 5'6" frame.
4. Some interesting details about yourself...: I had a major change of direction recently and gave up my professional aspirations to be a full-time wife and mom and am very happy with that decision. I have a wonderful husband, we live in an apartment with our 2 month old red-headed baby and 2 cats. I am interested in simple living and hope to be out of debt soon.
I'm Danielle, heres my story....
1. History with weightloss: I've always felt like I've needed to lose weight. Now when I look back I see clearly, that I was a pretty healthy weight...That was BEFORE I had a baby. Before I got pregnant I was 160lbs 5ft7inches tall, I somehow managed to gain a whopping 70 lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter, bringing me up to 230lbs. After she was born 35lbs just fell right off. I was so excited, but that was it, the rest of it was staying.... when i stopped nursing my daughter at 4 months old, I gained the 35 lbs back :( When she was 11 months old my husband and I decided to try for another baby, I'm near the end of my pregnancy, and somehow havn't gained a single pound yet. Still 230. So if I'm ahead of the game when this baby comes out I'll be happy, but there will still be another 30-40 lbs to go!!!
2. History with calorie count: I found this site after I had my daughter, once the weightloss came to a screaching halt! I lost 12 lbs with the help of this site... fell off the wagon, and gained it back! I need to be successfull this time, I'm not getting any younger, and from what I've heard its harder to lose weight the older you get! :(
3. Reason for joining this group: I have pretty much the same reasons for joining this group as Sarah. I wanna get on track right after this baby is born. I'm sick of being fat, and I need some support from other ladies in similar positions.
4. Details you say......
I'm Danielle, 23 year old married Mother of one beautiful 18 month old girl, and I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I live in Edmonton Alberta, I've been here for almost a year now. Originally I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario. I miss my home town and can't wait for the day I can move back there! I married my husband Sept 14th 2007, He's amazing, best husband and father i could ever ask for. :)
1. History with weight loss: Don't fluctuate much...always been between 125 and 140. If I get too high I start counting calories :)
2. History with Calorie Count: Had always used Microsoft Excel on my own and reading nutrition labels and counting myself. Found this site just recently and love that it counts EVERYTHING else too (fat, protein, fiber, sodium). Much easier and therefore hopefully much harder to quit!
3. Reason for joining this group: Needed others who are 'stuck' with baby fat. I too HATE my mummy tummy and wanted to commiserate and cheer with others who UNDERSTAND.
4. Some interesting details about yourself, such as your job, your family, your pets and your interests: I am 27 with two girls who will be 3 and 1 in March. I am still breastfeeding my 10 month old but only 2-3 times a day and we are weaning at a year. I am an engineer (read: desk job!) but I love to work out and used to teach aerobics before kids. I gained about 30-35 with each pregnancy and got back down to pre-preg weight just fine, but my body is just different now and I am working to get it fit and toned. I am 5'3", 130 lbs. Both DH and I work full time and I have too much guilt to go to a gym when my kids are not sleeping (I should be playing with them especially since I work so much!) so I have resorted to working out in my basement at 9-10pm! Gotta do whatcha gotta do! Oh, we have one dog, who is my husband's police canine partner :)
My name is Kimberley.
1. History with weight loss: I have tried just about all the groups and herbal things out there. I was plump in highschool, but liked myself. I have had five children. With my first three I went back down to a normal size ( size 10) after my fourth I didn't loose much from her. I have since had a little boy 13 months ago. I gained 8 lbs while pregnant with him. When he was born I lost 32 lbs. He was 9lbs 9 oz. When I delivered him I weighed 220lbs dropped to 198lbs in less than 24 hours. stayed there for months. 3 months ago my weight started creeping back up.
2. History with Calorie Count: Been looking around the site for a few months now. Just really deciding that now is the time.
3. Reason for joining this group: My family. I want to be there to play with them as they get older.
4. Some interesting details about yourself, such as your job, your family, your pets and your interests: I decorate birthday cakes. I can just about do anything crafty. I am also a school bus driver.
Hi! My name is Jessie, I am 5' 3'' and 27 years old. I live near SLC, Utah. I have a two year old boy named Ethan and a three month old girl named Makenna.
History with weight loss: I'm always trying to get down to my high school weight of 115, but I'm usually around 130 when I'm not having kids.
History with calorie count: I am three months postpartum and I found it to help me loose my baby weight with my second child.
Reason for joining this group: I gained 50-60lbs with each child. With my son the weight came off over about 7 months with little effort because of breastfeeding. The weight loss has been slower with my second child and I am getting impatient. I am now at 160 and want to get down to 120-25 by September 09' for my husbands 30th B-day surprise cruise! So I have 35-40 lbs to loose.
Some interesting details about myself: My husband is a homebuilder and because of the slow economy I am going back to work at the end of this month. I am an accountant/systems analyst. I'll be working 30 hrs a week and hope I will be able to handle being away from my kids. I was able to stay home with my son and I am having a hard time with it. My hobby is writing and I finished my first novel last year, and currently have two in the works. I have a black pug named Roscoe who came before the kids, and he is definitely not the baby anymore.
My name is Michelle, I am 5' 9 and 44! I live in southern CA, but we are moving back to Maui, HI in September of this year (2009). We have 7 children - 27, 26, 24, 22, 15, 10 and our newest daughter Lyryk is 17 months.
History with weight loss: Never a problem, always dropped it right off with a fast metabolism and healty eating habits. Until Lyryk. She was my first c-section and it has been hard dropping the lbs ever since. I gained 58 pounds with her pregnancy.
History with CC: I am new here - this month. I found CC while searching the net for a way to be accountable with a total caloric intake as I was concerned being that I need enough calories to nurse but want to make sure they are 'good' calories. It has been an eye opener to say the least.
Reason for joining THIS group: Simple. I am a mom and I am having a dickens of a time dropping my last 20-25. The whole adage about the pounds 'melting away' if you nurse was NOT true for me this time!
I work at home and do find it hard between that and baby to get in enough time for a proper 'work-out' but I am forcing the issue and MAKING time. I have fluctuated in my weight when I weigh in daily (blech) dropping about 1 pound a week vs. the 2-3 I would like to - okay who am I kidding, I'd like to have seen my first week on bring me a weight loss of 10 pounds! Now THAT would have been a motivator. I got depressed when I hopped the scale yesterday and noted I had actually managed to GAIN weight. Almost made me cry. Sucking it up, I am a girl and we tend to fluctuate more than men - periods, bloating etc. But I only get a cycle like every 3 months since her birth!! yet I still manage to get the monthly 'bloat' every 3 weeks or so.
I have a black pug called Sheila and she is the love of the family, including Lyryk who share a special bond with our little sausage.
Hi, I'm Amanda and I just had a little boy in Janruary. Before I got pregnant I was down to 152... the lowest I had been in over 4 years! While I was pregnant I gained 50lbs. I lost 20 right away and then another 10 or so afterward while nursing. Since I've stopped nursing I just seem to be putting more on!!! I just recently started Calorie count and am struggling to stay consistant, especially cooking 3 meals a day. I love to cook but I love my carbs as well. I am a stay at home mom, and love it. I tried going back to work but my fiance and I decided together it would be better if I was home with the baby. Since this decision I've decided to go back to school full time, so we will see what happens come Aug.
Hi everyone! I have a GORGEOUS 6 month old baby girl (Taylor) and 2 dogs that think they are humans (a golden retriever, King George and a Jackhuahua, Lucy). After several months of being "fat" I have decided I have had enough of it!
About 4 years ago I was 117lbs and one hot mama! I was very active and participated in windsurfing and raquetball on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I had to get a fulltime job to pay my bills and my activities did not fit into my schedule. I have gradually gained weight since then. At the time I got pregnant I was 140lbs. I am now at 168lbs.
I have dieted in the past using the South Beach Diet and was successful at losing about 30 lbs and keeping it off for several years until I had to get a fulltime job. I am now counting my calories and trying to increase my almost non-exsistent activity level.
I joined this group because I would like others' input on their weightloss success and also ideas for activities that include my daughter. I feel guilty when I participate in activities that do not include my daughter because she is at daycare from 7:30am to 5:30pm, 5 days a week. The last thing I want to do is be away from her even longer! Any input would be much appreciated!
I don't expect to be 117lbs and a size 0 again, but I wouldn't complain if that happened! I could be perfectly happy at 130lbs. My husband would be happier also because my weight gain has made me lose confidence and it has started to effect our sex life.
I'm ready to buckle down and serious!
Hi, my name is Abi. I'm a 23 year old semi-stay-at-home mom of a wonderful little boy named Zarek, born 6/3/9. My husband, Nick, works full-time at Wal-mart and part time at a local video arcade, where I also work. I had an emergancy c-section (after 27 hours of induced labor!!) and have been restricted in my activities... so it's been hard to lose the weight! By the end of my pregnancy, I was... really really heavy. Actually, when I got BACK from the hospital I weighed more than when I went in... a staggering 198 lbs. (on my 5'8" frame, that was really bad!) Today I am 157 lbs. I'm ABOUT 20 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'd like to lose more like 30-35. I'm looking for some mom buddies with similar goals!
My name is Christine. I am from Toronto and I have 2 more months left in my mat leave (*sniff). I had an adorable baby boy on Dec. 21, 2008. I was 164 pre pregnancy and the week before I gave birth, I weighed 206 lbs! How much weight gain is that??? I am too scared to calculate! Today, I weigh 169 lbs. I managed to drop most of my pregnancy weight but still look way bigger than I was before (probably because of some pooches that definitely weren't there before). I am only 5 ft 3 and hope to reach my target weight of 130 in a year. I'm finding it really hard to get active and fit for a bunch of reasons (maybe some of you guys can relate?)
1. I am constantly hungry (prob. because I'm breastfeeding) and crave quick fixes like chocolate bars.
2. I'm constantly thirsty (also from b/fing?) but crave rootbeer
3. By the time my husband comes home from work, I am too exhausted to work out so the only exercise I get is from pushing the stroller around during the day (hardly a vigorous workout)
4. I am out a lot with mommy groups and such and we are always having coffee, lunches, etc.
5. I am so tired and busy taking care of the baby, I don't have the time to make healthy meals and end up opting for quick meals like hamburger helper, mac and cheese, macdonalds.
This lifestyle is making it so hard for me to lose any weight. I feel like it is enough to maintain the weight I am now. Eating as much crap as I do these days, I was really surprised I don't weigh 200 pounds again! I wish there was some way I could fit more exercise and better eating habits while taking care of my baby who doesn't like to nap or play by himself!
Hi! My name is Nicole. I gave birth to my beautiful daughter on August 15th, 2009. I am 5'3 and before I got pregnant, I was 135 lbs. I fit into a size 8/10 pant. I gained 35 lbs, and after her birth, I initially weighed 155. I've only lost 5 more lbs since that, but it looks like I've lost more than that... The scale doesn't account for the amount of weight you gain in your chest, hm? Hah.
Now, 7 weeks postpartum, I fit into a size 12 pant, and they're a little baggy in the legs and butt, but around the waist, they fit comfortably. I want to get back into those 8/10's comfortably, no less. At the very beginning of my pregnancy, I woke up one morning with love handles on my hips - no joke, out of nowhere! Also, my thighs have gotten chubbier. Boo.
I've never dieted or really tried to lose weight, because I've always considered myself healthy. I still think I eat well, but my lack of exercise isn't doing me any good. I joined calorie count today with hopes that I can more closely watch what I am eating, but make sure that I'm getting enough - I'm exclusively breastfeeding, so I need to make sure I get all the calories and nutrients for baby Grace!
I would like to get back down to the 130's, become toned, and feel overall better about myself and my health.
If anyone has any tips on ways to exercise with my daughter without hitting up the gym or walking all day, it would be really appreciated. Living in Tucson, it can be hard to take walks because the heat is so intense!
Interesting fact: I get married in 16 days - another good reason to try to get toned!
hi my name is kristy and had a beautiful baby boy 1 year ago on 08-13-08. befor i got pregnant i was 5'7 135lbs. im still 5'7 but now 184 lbs. i dont want to be super skinny like i was just wanna get healthy and lose the belly fat. i like what i gained in the chest area since i didnt have much befor the pregnancy. so if any one knows how to lose weight in the belly and not the chest and butt area or have any suggestions please let me know. thank you
Hi my name is Amy, I just had my son a week ago. I am absolutley in love with him, but not so much in love with my stomach. So far I have lost 14 lbs. I would like to lose another 30 lbs. History with weight loss:I had maintained a average weight of 130lbs until the last few years. I have gone up and down, but haven't gotten lower than 144 which was Sept of 09 when I got married. I reached my highest weight 170 lbs before concieving. I suffered from extreme morning sickness and lost down to 156 lbs during my pregnancy and ended my pregnancy at 174 lbs.
History with Calorie Count: I have used it off and on with success. Reason for joining this group: support with weight loss and parenting Some interesting details about yourself, such as your job, your family, your pets and your interests: I am a new SAHM. I enjoy cooking, baking, and running.
And now just go ahead and make that first post!
hey i am chelsea my son is 8 months old and i am trying to lose my baby weight. i have never tried to lose weight before even though i have always been somewhat larger. but i gained over 50lbs with my son. and i am currently planning my wedding so i really need to lose the weight!
Hi my name is Jessica. I am 28.
I have gained and lost weight over the last 7 years because of pregnancies. I have gone from 130 to my current of 150. I just started here at calore count. I wanted to join this group because I have 5 girls to keep up with, the youngest will be 1 in july. I have not been able to lose the wieght I have gained and need a little help. I am doing this for myself and my girls. My oldest is 6 and is worried about her own wieght so I need to be extra careful in how I exersice and eat.
An intresting fact about my family is that it is kind of an extened type. My husdend and i are seperated but get along well, he has a girlfriend that is pregnent. We are working on opening our own pet store. the pets we will have will include snakes and other lizards we breed.
Hi, my name is Shirley. I am 43 from Salem, NH.
I have 2 children (2 1/2 year old boy, Van, and a 4 month old girl, Eva). I have been losing and gaining weight since high school and have tried almost every diet out there. I was going to go back to Jenny Craig after Eva was born but decided to try the nutrionist/gym route because I wanted to learn how to eat healthier and prepare better meals for the family. So, I have joined CC with the help of a nutrionist. I have already lost 15 lbs. My goal is to lose 35 - 45 more!!! Some of it is the baby weight and some of it is the additional weight I've been carrying around for a long time. Looking forward to meeting some of you and sharing our stories of success!!
Hi my name is Lydia. I am a 24 year old stay at home mom, to a gorgeous 4 month old boy named Sebastien. I'm 5'5, and currently 163lbs. Before my pregnancy I maintained an easy 145lbs athletic physique. My husband was in the military, and with him being deployed, it was very easy for me to eat healthy and avoid temptation. However, I gained 55lbs during pregnancy (I've lost all but 13 or so) & I am currently breastfeeding. I've never had to really watch what I've eaten, I just always chose to eat healthy. Its been tough lately, as I can't seem to shed the very last bit of my weight. I'd love to go down to around 145-150lbs. I'm so happy I've found Calorie Count I believe it will make the process much easier!
The side effects of allergy medications keep some people from using them. Natural remedies can be a great alternative, but some are more effective than others.